Wallet Password Not Accepted

I installed Total Security 2018 a few days ago and yesterday I created a new wallet in password manager.  When prompted for a master password I entered one and repeated it only to be told that the two passwords didn't match.  I deleted both and carefully re entered the password in both boxes.  After several attempts it finally accepted the password.  When I attempted to log in to my newly created wallet I was told "Wrong Password"  I attempted to enter the password several times to no avail.  I then contacted the support team who told me to check whether or not CAPS lock was on.  They also said that if that was not the problem I could not re set the password but instead I should set up a 2nd wallet.  I have done this with exactly the same result - it does not recognise the password I created.  I now have 2 totally useless wallets!........I am not the most tech savvy guy out here so maybe someone has a solution (it may be a really obvious solution but I am of the generation where I am more at home with a slide rule and abacus!!)