last update never

last update never . how to fix this ?

Tagged:

Comments

• Can't you just tell it to 'UPDATE NOW'??  

• With respect to the above, I clicked on Update Now and it appears to update, after maybe 10 to 20 seconds it stops and nothing happens.

As well, 2018 has decided to not start as well whenever it decides to.

2017 was working fine but 2018 is too advanced for the likes of me.

• Hello,

The product also updates automatically, depending on your settings.

Please check your Notifications for any Update Errors.

• Phil WOng
    edited September 2017

Hello Sorin

It's on auto update, but Microsoft gives a warning that it's not updated. I checked and it's true. So I update it manually via the Show button. Then it asks me to sign in. I sign in but nothing happens. Then I repeat, and I can see the Last Update Never. I click on update and as described above, it decides to not update.

Yes the notification tells me it was unsuccessful.

Previous to this was a grayed out icon for some reason. It didn't work and I had to restart the PC.

Should I trust Bitdefender enough to have it screw around the guts of Windows and decides what's good for me?

• Hello,

If the Windows Security Center informs you that the product is out of date, it may just be that it is out of sync.

Please follow the steps in this article :

https://www.bitdefender.com/support/what-to-do-when-windows-security-center-reports-antivirus-antispyware-and-or-firewall-are-turned-off-1091.html

Also as previously mentioned you should check the Bitdefender notifications for any update errors.

• Dear Sorin

Windows only reports it when the icon is greyed out. The B icon has an X subscript which when opened says Last Update Never,  then when I click on Update Now,  it pretends to update but 10 seconds later goes back to status quo. 

I sent a ticket to Bitdefender support (including log files that the software connects) and they tell me that 2017 wasn't completely uninstalled (I never did) and proceeded to tell me what to do,  which in the end amounted to zero because the uninstall tool gave an error upon execution. 

Hmph!

I have had to manually uninstall 2017 from my devices, download the 2018 install file and install it fresh, leaving my PC vulnerable during the install of which Windows proceeded to warn me about lack of antivirus etc. 

So, the auto update was a mess, tech help a letdown (5 days to respond)  and I've lost faith in Bitdefender as a reliable security solution. 

• Hello,

The issue where the product displays "Last update never" has been resolved in the latest build 22.0.12.161

Please note that the update requires a reboot to take effect.