Little Snitch with Bitdefender

I'm using Little Snitch with Bitdefender.

The following processes are attempting to connect to the internet via port 80: bdagentd, BDCoreIssues, BDLDaemon, and BDUpdDaemon.

Do all these processes require internet access?

The reverse DNS Name for one of the IP addresses being accessed is 0down.buh.bitdefender.net

Assume this domain is a legit Bitdefender address?

Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• Hello,

Yes, all the modules require internet access to function properly.

• I too have a question about this.  I understand it needs to make these connections, however what I am not understanding it why it has to do it like every 1-2 seconds.  I just switched to this from another AV program (I am in the 30 day free trial) and I really like it other than I don't understand why this has to connect so often?  I have run a lot of AV software over the years and NEVER seen this before.  Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

NewGuy2018

• Hi,

The situation has been sent to our development team for further analysis and a fix. We do not have an estimated time for the release of the fix yet. 

A fix will be delivered via automatic updates. I will update the thread when it is available.

Thank you for understanding!

• I also am waiting for an answer. Its been 8 months since the OP asked. Why do these process need to connect every 3 seconds???? This seems, to me anyway, extremely wasteful processor and energy wise. If I knew what it was they were doing maybe Id be fine with it. Can no-one actually comment here what the processes are?

• Hello Jonny,

You can see the list of Bitdefender processes on the other thread :

/index.php?/topic/77607-bitdefender-requesting-access-to-40-connections/&do=embed" style="overflow: hidden; height: 219px; max-width: 502px;">

The processes represent the following: the scanning process, the main interface of Bitdefender, the update process and the main Bitdefender process.

A fix for the fact that Bitdefender processes generate excessive traffic was not released yet.

Thank you for your understanding!

This discussion has been closed.