BDIS 2018 - Eating up CPU

Comments

• Golota
    edited November 2017

1 hour ago, Kamrul Hassan said:

Even if bugs existed with the new build of BD its fixed and I can guarantee you that, because BD Engineers are working for that always. And the final conclusion is that BD effects different on all different systems, and the main thing is that the ability of "You" to make a thing work/and its maintenance.

Is this some kind of joke? You are obviously trolling these forums. You are not part of the support team, so please stop acting like that. BD customers clearly struggling with this issue.

• 17 minutes ago, Golota said:

Is this some kind of joke? You are obviously trolling these forums. You are not part of the support team, so please stop acting like that. BD customers clearly struggling with this issue.

Well you ever you are you create a new forum account and simply post here, Lol! Who said that anyone who posts here needs to be in the list of BD support team, top talking ###### here!

• Folks, just report the troll.

• 6 hours ago, Mgnorae said:

Folks, just report the troll.

Good idea didn't see that feature, thanks!

• Sorin G.
    Sorin G.
    edited November 2017

Hello,

Please update to the latest build 22.0.15.189 and let me know if the issue with the CPU usage still persists.

Please note that the update requires a reboot to take effect.

• Hello from France,

I thought the latest build was 22.0.15.189 ... 

Am I wrong ?

Dan

• Sorin G.
    Sorin G.
    edited November 2017

• 3 hours ago, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

Please update to the latest build 22.0.15.189 and let me know if the issue with the CPU usage still persists.

Please note that the update requires a reboot to take effect.

I enabled Advanced Threat Defense after a reboot and within one hour my cpu spiked twice to 100%. Each lasted around 20 seconds making my pc unusable.

• Was updating directed toward me as well?

If so, I will report back either after a week or if I continue to have issues, whichever is sooner.

• Well I had the 22.0.15.169 I tried to update to the latest build but it wouldn't so I contacted the live support of BD and later they said me to uninstall it and re-install it again the new build one, so after honestly re-installing the latest build previous problems like slow downs and update errors were gone! Its really a miracle! It actually takes time for BD to settle in your PC to make it comfortable to run of what I see.

• Still having atc.sys spikes, even with latest build and other tips in this thread.

2017-11-16 11_13_06-PROTECTION - Bitdefender Forum.png

• Looks like I'm not going to bother trying yet then :/ Not liking having to go this long without a third party Anti-virus...

• 15 minutes ago, SubSonix said:

Looks like I'm not going to bother trying yet then :/ Not liking having to go this long without a third party Anti-virus...

Same here. I uninstalled BD, no response from support for my ticket for the last 3 days. I'm using Windows Defender and considering asking for a refund., if this doesn't get solved fast.

• 2 hours ago, Golota said:

Same here. I uninstalled BD, no response from support for my ticket for the last 3 days. I'm using Windows Defender and considering asking for a refund., if this doesn't get solved fast.

Actually it takes a lot of time most of the time to get a response from your support ticket via the e-mail system, so please don't lose patience they will surely get back to you, and there is nothing to escape or hide from. As we, the Bitdefender are No.1 in the world as server is a main matter of quality of our costumers.

You can try to tell to an live chat, BD support agent about this case of not getting an reply from an ticket they will do something for your faster answer.

• If you are within your return/refund period then I highly recommend proceeding with that.

Today is 11/16.

First reported my issue in a support ticket on 9/14.

Received a support response on 9/21 (7 days later) suggesting I uninstall and reinstall the product.

I requested a refund on 9/21 and received it on 10/3.

I have been following this thread because I really do hope Bitdefender can resolve the issue. With that said -- it has been two months and we do not appear to be any closer to a fix.

• On 11/16/2017 at 11:03 PM, Tyrluk said:

If you are within your return/refund period then I highly recommend proceeding with that.

Today is 11/16.

First reported my issue in a support ticket on 9/14.

Received a support response on 9/21 (7 days later) suggesting I uninstall and reinstall the product.

I requested a refund on 9/21 and received it on 10/3.

I have been following this thread because I really do hope Bitdefender can resolve the issue. With that said -- it has been two months and we do not appear to be any closer to a fix.

Well have you tried to get back to the support again about you issue its like not all support agents are same, in time you might get to a right person for you help. Its a live example from me. 

• apoifyuopisdf
    edited November 2017

Issue persists on latest build (atc.sys cpu spikes).

• hey there.

having the same problem. cpu spikes at random time. doing nothing special.

any new info on this?

# tech info:

i7 4790k; 32gbddr3; 256gb samsung evo 850

# software info:

win10pro 1709;

bd ts 2018 build 22.0.15.189

atc.sys-version: 1.11.125.0

Unbenannt.thumb.JPG.911204dd917f22604ceb8a772b119d55.JPG

• I really hope this is being worked on, I found another 2 threads with similar problems. With no responses...

I just realised I didn't mention which product I was using - Bitdefender Total Security 2018.

• On 11/21/2017 at 8:54 PM, azereus said:

hey there.

having the same problem. cpu spikes at random time. doing nothing special.

any new info on this?

# tech info:

i7 4790k; 32gbddr3; 256gb samsung evo 850

# software info:

win10pro 1709;

bd ts 2018 build 22.0.15.189

atc.sys-version: 1.11.125.0

Unbenannt.thumb.JPG.911204dd917f22604ceb8a772b119d55.JPG

Well when I first installed BD TS 2018 in my PC I had slow downs which caused chaos in my computer experience. But later after a long time my PC got stabled and more fact that is miracle my PC is currently running very smoothly with BD TS 2018 and my other devices as well! It is a fact that BD TS 2018 needs time to settle it up and feel comfortable in your PC. With the new upcoming updates more fixes will be solved and will be done more easily if you (Users) report with it kindly.

• 1 hour ago, Kamrul Hassan said:

Well when I first installed BD TS 2018 in my PC I had slow downs which caused chaos in my computer experience. But later after a long time my PC got stabled and more fact that is miracle my PC is currently running very smoothly with BD TS 2018 and my other devices as well! It is a fact that BD TS 2018 needs time to settle it up and feel comfortable in your PC. With the new upcoming updates more fixes will be solved and will be done more easily if you (Users) report with it kindly.

Please stop being a self-promoted Bitdefender support rep. You are doing more harm to the brand than good. Your responses irritate customers.

• 7 hours ago, Golota said:

Please stop being a self-promoted Bitdefender support rep. You are doing more harm to the brand than good. Your responses irritate customers.

I don't see how I am doing harm to the brand, you think I only post at the Forums and doing to promote BD? If yes you are wrong Sir. There are several internal works I do to promote BD in so many ways if you see you will then regret it. If you have any issue I will try my best to help you out!

• 8 minutes ago, Kamrul Hassan said:

I don't see how I am doing harm to the brand, you think I only post at the Forums and doing to promote BD? If yes you are wrong Sir. There are several internal works I do to promote BD in so many ways if you see you will then regret it. If you have any issue I will try my best to help you out!

Well you certainly aren't helping. Unless you don't have anything useful to say, don't say anything please.

We're having serious issues, and you keep chiming in with irrelevant posts.

• 3 hours ago, SubSonix said:

Well you certainly aren't helping. Unless you don't have anything useful to say, don't say anything please.

We're having serious issues, and you keep chiming in with irrelevant posts.

If you have serious issues about Bitdefender than contact the support, don't you get it! ?

If you don't like BD you should not even post here, its a place to ask help and your issues don't even get fixed I see after several tries.

• I assumed this was a support forum...

I do like Bitdefender, I use it on all of my devices, hence why I'm seeking assistance...

• 5 hours ago, SubSonix said:

I assumed this was a support forum...

I do like Bitdefender, I use it on all of my devices, hence why I'm seeking assistance...

This is more like a war zone I think now rather than a support forum, you will get the best out of best support with high quality resolution at BD 26/7 supports.

• Hello,

Let keeps the thread clean of offtopic.

/index.php?/profile/196941-subsonix/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="196941" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/196941-subsonix/" id="ips_uid_2285_6" style="" rel="">@SubSonix we didn't stop working on this issue.

At this time there is no new information, just that we are currently working on it.

When something is available I will update the thread.

• 1 hour ago, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

/index.php?/profile/196941-subsonix/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="196941" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/196941-subsonix/" rel="">@SubSonix we didn't stop working on this issue.

At this time there is no new information, just that we are currently working on it.

Hi mate, messaged you an question and waiting for an answer.

• SubSonix
    edited November 2017

11 hours ago, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

/index.php?/profile/196941-subsonix/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="196941" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/196941-subsonix/" rel="">@SubSonix we didn't stop working on this issue.

Good to know, thanks for the response.

I'm in the process of testing after talking to someone on live chat. They're going to send me a diagnostic tools once I report back.

• Maki711
    Maki711 ✭✭
    edited November 2017

This is really bad. Really bad. 

How should I work when there is a problem like this ???

How is this not fixed yet ???

My god. It has been almost 2 months since this Topic here was created and not fix yet ???

Not only that but I have been having this since few months, I just did not know that it was your product giving me problems while I am working... And the intervals of CPU spicks were not so often as now...

Do what ever you need to to fix this. This is not even funny. I bought BD because I need it and because people say it has one of the best protections.

Useless I say, especially the "anti-theft" crap. Its not working, even testing it with 2 phones that are right next to me.

I have 35 days for my subscription, I am not sure I will extend it...

• I have not received a response from support in the last 3 weeks. I cannot use the product I paid for. This is unacceptable.

• On 27.11.2017 at 8:16 PM, Golota said:

I have not received a response from support in the last 3 weeks. I cannot use the product I paid for. This is unacceptable.

Nobody got ANY responses in the last month or so. Its like everybody just quit or the company went bankrupt or something...And we can't get our money back...

One thing is sure, I have 27 days left of my licence, I will never again buy this again or even use this...Maybe if they give me a Family pack for 2 years for free.

Nice support haha...

• update for you folks on this thread

bitdefender and i are in periodic contact

• As am I, but their replies are very slow.

• It's been 3 months since I reported this issue to them shortly after I bought it. I've had Bitdefender uninstalled from my computer most of that time because it makes web development nearly impossible and very annoying. I wonder how many frustrated people are using this that just think their computer ###### when it's really just Bitdefender. But hey, it seems to work fine on my phone.

I went out last night and bought a bunch of new computer parts including RAM, CPU, motherboard and video card so I guess we will see if that makes any difference. Probably I will have to reinstall windows again from scratch due to all the new parts and I'm not sure if it's even worth it to try Bitdefender again but I may as well give it a shot.

• On 5.12.2017 at 10:32 PM, azereus said:

update for you folks on this thread

bitdefender and i are in periodic contact

8 hours ago, SubSonix said:

As am I, but their replies are very slow.

Oh so they are alive.

So what did they say ? Anything useful on this topic ?

8 hours ago, apoifyuopisdf said:

It's been 3 months since I reported this issue to them shortly after I bought it. I've had Bitdefender uninstalled from my computer most of that time because it makes web development nearly impossible and very annoying. I wonder how many frustrated people are using this that just think their computer ###### when it's really just Bitdefender. But hey, it seems to work fine on my phone.

I went out last night and bought a bunch of new computer parts including RAM, CPU, motherboard and video card so I guess we will see if that makes any difference. Probably I will have to reinstall windows again from scratch due to all the new parts and I'm not sure if it's even worth it to try Bitdefender again but I may as well give it a shot.

Good luck with the new build

(dont risk it with BD, its just too unreadable now but if you try it, please post results if you have same problem - I am having this problem on 3 out of 6 computers...)

• 5 hours ago, Maki711 said:

Good luck with the new build

(dont risk it with BD, its just too unreadable now but if you try it, please post results if you have same problem - I am having this problem on 3 out of 6 computers...)

Finally just got it all up and running and works like a dream!

Haven't put Bitdefender on it yet though. I'm too scared it will blow something up. I probably should take your advice though and just avoid it until the issue is for sure fixed, if I still have any license left by then.

• 6 hours ago, Maki711 said:

Oh so they are alive.

So what did they say ? Anything useful on this topic ?

got in contact: 21.nov. -> reply 21.nov. with instrucion below

first use "C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security\supporttool.exe" to hopefully get the spike recordet with BD internal tool. it will generate a desktop-folder with some information of your computer. some eventlogs, autorun, etc...

for me it took two attempts to record it

2nd with computer-uptime 5h and i got it with supporttools -> sent it to BD

21.nov record sent to BD -> reply 2.dec. with ADK-instrucion below

reply from BD took some time and now we are trying to catch it again with ADK-windows-performance-recorder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Windows Performance Toolkit"

its already day 3. one spike without running ADK... (but process explorer) ....

56 minutes ago, apoifyuopisdf said:

Finally just got it all up and running and works like a dream!

Haven't put Bitdefender on it yet though. I'm too scared it will blow something up. I probably should take your advice though and just avoid it until the issue is for sure fixed, if I still have any license left by then.

am i right with your new build all working fine? without spikes?

or misinterpreted and new build with same problems?

temp-fix: disable advanced threat defense -> you dont have to uninstall whole software

• 14 minutes ago, azereus said:

temp-fix: disable advanced threat defense -> you dont have to uninstall whole software

Yeah it works fine without spikes because (as I mentioned) I haven't installed BD on it yet. Think I will probably end up using something else at this point anyway.

• Maki711
    Maki711 ✭✭
    edited December 2017

6 hours ago, azereus said:

got in contact: 21.nov. -> reply 21.nov. with instrucion below

first use "C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security\supporttool.exe" to hopefully get the spike recordet with BD internal tool. it will generate a desktop-folder with some information of your computer. some eventlogs, autorun, etc...

for me it took two attempts to record it

2nd with computer-uptime 5h and i got it with supporttools -> sent it to BD

21.nov record sent to BD -> reply 2.dec. with ADK-instrucion below

reply from BD took some time and now we are trying to catch it again with ADK-windows-performance-recorder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Windows Performance Toolkit"

its already day 3. one spike without running ADK... (but process explorer) ....

I already have a recording WPR (Windows Performance Recorder), I even posted it as a screen shot in one of my topic about this problem... Nobody even looked at that...

For now I am always disabling the ATD (Active Threat Defense) so I can use my PC...

When I am not disabling the ATD, I am getting the spikes daily, most of the time I am using Chrome on two my secondary screens (i have a 3 display setup) and a game on my primary screen. 

Same thing happens when I am using Visual Studio on my primary screen plus Chrome on other two screens.

• Just wondering what version of Windows everyone Is running? Trying to narrow this down a bit.

• Just got this via email :)

"This is just a quick note to inform you that the Bitdefender development team has identified the culprit and is working on a fix. The CPU spikes will be patched up soon."

• 1 hour ago, SubSonix said:

Just got this via email :)

"This is just a quick note to inform you that the Bitdefender development team has identified the culprit and is working on a fix. The CPU spikes will be patched up soon."

Sounds familiar. Will believe it if I see it.

• /index.php?/profile/196941-subsonix/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="196941" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/196941-subsonix/" rel="">@SubSonix:

Win10pro_x64_1709
    i74790k
    32gbddr3
    250gb_evo850
    BDTS2017 Build 22.0.15.189
    virussignature 11027320
    engine: 7.74074
    act.sys 1.11.125

as BD told me to perform ADK performance recorder it looks some kind of strange. performance recorder running -> no spike to see nor to record.

if i dont run it i a see the spike in sysinternals process explorer ~1-3 times a day

will try to get it recordet...

• On 8.12.2017 at 7:06 PM, apoifyuopisdf said:

Sounds familiar. Will believe it if I see it.

So familiar. 3 months later...

On 8.12.2017 at 4:11 PM, SubSonix said:

Just wondering what version of Windows everyone Is running? Trying to narrow this down a bit.

I have problems on 3 out of 6 computers that I work on (or play).

2 are Windows 7 Pro 64x sp1

1 is Windows 8.1

• Still nothing. I just don't have faith they will ever fix this issue. It's a major letdown...

• On 12/9/2017 at 11:13 AM, azereus said:

/index.php?/profile/196941-subsonix/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="196941" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/196941-subsonix/" rel="">@SubSonix:

Win10pro_x64_1709
    i74790k
    32gbddr3
    250gb_evo850
    BDTS2017 Build 22.0.15.189
    virussignature 11027320
    engine: 7.74074
    act.sys 1.11.125

as BD told me to perform ADK performance recorder it looks some kind of strange. performance recorder running -> no spike to see nor to record.

if i dont run it i a see the spike in sysinternals process explorer ~1-3 times a day

will try to get it recordet...

Yes that's happening to me as well when they asked me to do a Windows Performance Record. While the thing is running I get no spikes at all. That's strange if you ask me.

• update for you folks from bitdefender by mailreply on my case

We have been able to identify the issue and develop a fix, which will be included in the next update to Bitdefender, we do not require any other information at this time.

• 35 minutes ago, azereus said:

update for you folks from bitdefender by mailreply on my case

We have been able to identify the issue and develop a fix, which will be included in the next update to Bitdefender, we do not require any other information at this time.

There was an update a few days ago - 

/index.php?/topic/78039-latest-changelog/&do=embed" style="height:207px;max-width:502px;">

I'm yet to get a reply from asking if that update included the fix.

• Started using ATD again after i saw this.

I will post results after 2-3 days.