Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Web pages take too long to load.

Options

Hello folks,

BDIS 2018, FireFox 55.0.3

For maybe a month now, many times, but not always, a web page takes a long time to load. 5 to 10 seconds, but that is several times longer than it used to. It makes me want to stop using my computer.

There is another problem that I don't know if it is related. Sometimes, seemingly on any web page but mostly Amazon, a new tab opens to the right address, but a blank page. I have to reload it perhaps 5 times before a page actually appears.

Could this be BDIS related? I updated to BDIS 2018 only a few days ago but the problem has been going on even when I had BDIS 2017.

Harry

Comments

• Me adding a question to my original post.

Could I have changed some setting in BDIS that is causing some pages to take a long time to load?

Harry

• RobJH
    edited September 2017
    Options

Try turning off Scan SSL under web protection / settings, this always causes issues for me, and maybe try turning off search adviser too.

• Thanks Rob,

I also posted this question on FireFox forum. It was suggested that I start firefox in safe mode to make sure I wasn't blocking content. This made it difficult to get around on the web because I had no bookmarks, no autofill password manager, no ublock to block ads. I tried this for a while but it was difficult to tell if it was better because it took longer to load pages because of all the ads.

To make a long story short, I messed around with safe mode on or off. Ublock on or off a couple of times. My computer behaved differently, but somewhat better. I've gone back to normal firefox and ublock on as usual. Things seem to be working almost normal though I haven't made any real changes. Go figure.

I'm keeping an eye on it and if it becomes bad again, I will try to better determine just when it acts up.

I will keep your suggestion in mind as something to try.

Harry