Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BitDefender 2018 Installation Directory?

I have 2018 Total Security installed however the path appears to be C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2017. What gives?

I am trying to put a command line scanner in a download application. Where is the path to BitDefender's command line scanner please.

P.S. No I did not install 2017 as 2018 was forcefully updated without my consent. I loath the auto update without my permissions and not pleased that if I am forced to uninstall with the cleanup tool I will loose all my settings.

Comments

• 14 hours ago, MikeO3 said:

I have 2018 Total Security installed however the path appears to be C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2017. What gives?

I am trying to put a command line scanner in a download application. Where is the path to BitDefender's command line scanner please.

P.S. No I did not install 2017 as 2018 was forcefully updated without my consent. I loath the auto update without my permissions and not pleased that if I am forced to uninstall with the cleanup tool I will loose all my settings.

Unfortunately Bitdefender has decided you need 2018 as opposed to 2017 and when auto updating the files will go into the 2017 folder, If you did an update yourself then BD will ask to remove the prior versions and then it will install to a new folder.

• Hello,

Bitdefender does not support command lines for security reasons.