Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Android Battery Life

TnPicker
edited January 2022 in Mobile Security

Since I installed Bitdefender on my Android smartphone, my battery life is less than half what it used to be.  Why is this?

Comments

• Try to use a 
    mobile-phone-tracker.org mobile recorder on Android for fix it. 

• Hi,

Sorry to hear about the situation you encountered. Please contact our support team by writing at bitsy@bitdefender.com with more details.

- the model of the device you are using (for example, Samsung Galaxy SII)
    - the Android version running on the device
    - the Bitdefender version running on the device
    - one or more screenshots displaying the battery screen on your phone settings displaying the apps using the most battery

Thank you!

• I have a similar problem, even with a brand-new Android 9 phone.  Having Bitdefender on the phone does seems to be a battery drain.  I suppose that is the cost of having security, but it would be nice if Bitdefender for Android could be more energy-efficient.

• Wayne2022
    edited February 2022

Pixel 4a. Loaded BD last week. Battery life went from near 20 hours to around 4. Totally unacceptable. Is there are setting that is causing this. Is there a battery monitor within the BF app that can tell me how much power the app is draining?

• Having the same problem with iPhone. 66% to 11% overnight, while I was asleep. Battery monitor shows BD responsible for 47% of usage since last full charge. Not sure what "background activity" requires that much battery power, but this is not sustainable.

• Having the same problem on two iPhone devices - battery drain 49% while only in use 2 minutes in background activity! Phone battery constantly needs topping up on my iPhone 12 - and when I check battery efficiency it's 100%, so not a bad battery. Same issue on my daughter's iPhone SE2020, it couldn't last a whole day in school where it was primarily stored in her backpack. What's going on?? Any tips to stop this would be great.

• Hello @TheseGoTo11 and @CKragh,

It is highly possible that we are encountering an issue with the battery drain and there is an ongoing investigation regarding this. Kindly contact our Technical Teams, as they are currently gathering information to assist the developers in the troubleshooting process.

You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Stay safe.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user