Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Keeps Setting My Folders Back To Read Only!!!

Options
Win10User
edited December 2017 in General

Even after I remove folder protection and unblock app access through Bitdefender Total Security 2018 settings, my folders keep getting reset to READ ONLY. I've gone into numerous folder property tabs and unchecked read only then clicked apply but as soon as I try to access a file in a folder via an app (GoPro Quik) - the folder gets reset to read only every time. I've even gone into the various folder properties/security tabs and made sure it's set to full control for system, administrators and users. I've always used McAfee in the past with no problems but when my subscription recently expired, thought I'd try Bitdefender based on the positive reviews. I'm starting to wonder if that was a wise decision because what good is antivirus software that won't let your own apps access your own files in your own folders? Again, this is a brand new issue since installing Bitdefender Total Security 2018 on my Windows 10 PC. Refer to the attached pdf's and reference the time on the PC clock bottom right of taskbar. 1'st pdf was after I had previously run the app after having manually unchecked read only (7:46). 2'nd is manually unchecking read only again (7:48). 3'rd is GoPro transfering 0 files even though the folder does contain a file (7:51). 4'th is showing read only checked once again after running the app (7:52).

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=17414" data-fileid="17414" rel="">Set to RO Again after Previous GoPro.pdf

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=17415" data-fileid="17415" rel="">Manual Reset - RO Unchecked.pdf

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=17416" data-fileid="17416" rel="">GoPro No Access 0 Files.pdf

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=17417" data-fileid="17417" rel="">After GoPro Ran.pdf