Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Vault broken after latest Win10 update

Options

Hi,

Windows updated a few days ago and since then I cannot access any vaults. I enter the password, select a drive letter and then click on ok. 

The  vault program then hangs. After closing the vault interface the bitdefender UI also hangs.  Most of the time this causes explorer.exe to hang as well and i have to restart the PC.

Anyone know how to fix this issue?

The program bdfvcl.exe version 22.0.17.201 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: 30c4

Start Time: 01d37e10f20ab9cf

Termination Time: 7

Application Path: C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2017\bdfvcl.exe

Report Id: 6cd09f4f-1d1d-4e3e-a510-2617de4b6404

Faulting package full name: 

Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

What build of Windows are you running on your machine ?

• Windows 10 Pro, version 1709, build 16299.125

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

Can you also provide me with your Bitdefender build ?

You can right click on the system tray icon and select about.

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

Please open a ticket with our support team via bitsy@bitdefender.com and provide them with the logs from the Bitdefender Support Tool.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1733/

• The .bvd file has vanished from my pc. The vault file is missing! Please tell me there is a way to get it and its contents back!

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

If the file is no longer present on the machine that is entirely another matter.

Firstly run a search for .bvd files maybe it got moved or stored on a USB drive/stick?

Lastly you can try Recuva to recover the file should it have been deleted.

• Recuva cannot find it