Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Hugh Boot Time Increase

Options

I have noticed a significant increase in boot time from about 28 seconds to 2 minutes 10 seconds. I have tried a new SSD and many other ideas.  What is the best way to temporarily not boot with Bit Defender so I can eliminate this software as a possible role because of the slowdown in boot?

Comments

• 37 minutes ago, BitMonts said:

I have noticed a significant increase in boot time from about 28 seconds to 2 minutes 10 seconds. I have tried a new SSD and many other ideas.  What is the best way to temporarily not boot with Bit Defender so I can eliminate this software as a possible role because of the slowdown in boot?

You need to do a Quick Scan, then a System Scan/Reboot, then do it again in 20min/Reboot, and things should speed up...

BTW- If you do CCleaner, you Must reboot twice, and Shutdown (wait 20min), or it will screw up Any computer (especially SSD!)!- Same with Any system change!

-If you make settings changes to BD, you Must reboot before they take effect!

- Never do a Manual definition update or  it will download the whole definition file, and you will have to do the scans again!

• I will give that a try, thanks.  Just so you know, this is not a new installation, I have been using but Bit Defender for years.

What I have done in the meantime is I copied a backup that was two weeks old on to the SSD and it boot_s fine.  Once bit defender updated, and I rebooted, the boot_s remained slow. I did not scan. 

Are you saying to do a quick scan, and the system scan/reboot.  Then are you saying to Quick Scan and System Scan again within 20 minutes or just reboot again?

• I solved the problem by uninstalling the BD 2018.  With the program uninstalled, my boot time dropped to about 20 seconds.  I reinstalled BD 2018 and everything is working well again. (my boot time is now 28 seconds as it has always been before).

Does anyone have an idea as to how Bit Defender got corrupted to reduce the boot time to over two minutes aand how to avoid that in the future?

• On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:20 AM, BitMonts said:

I solved the problem by uninstalling the BD 2018.  With the program uninstalled, my boot time dropped to about 20 seconds.  I reinstalled BD 2018 and everything is working well again. (my boot time is now 28 seconds as it has always been before).

Does anyone have an idea as to how Bit Defender got corrupted to reduce the boot time to over two minutes aand how to avoid that in the future?

My boot time to internet icon showing is 50sec, and  I always wait for the white flag (in case of notifications...)-

I'd Really be happy with 28sec, without having to reinstall...?