Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is Firewall Public, or...?

Options

I'm in Auto-Pilot- I ticked Public in FW settings/reboot, but I can't find where to Verify that It's Public?

Do I need to be in a different mode, or what?

Comments

• Sergiu C.
    Options

Hi, 

You should look in the Network Adapters tab, to see what "mode" the Firewall is in:

- Open Bitdefender and click on View Features

- Click the gear icon under Firewall

- Under Network Adapters, you can check if your adapter (Ethernet or Wi-Fi) is set as public or not. 

• On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:51 PM, Sergiu C. said:

Hi, 

You should look in the Network Adapters tab, to see what "mode" the Firewall is in:

- Open Bitdefender and click on View Features

- Click the gear icon under Firewall

- Under Network Adapters, you can check if your adapter (Ethernet or Wi-Fi) is set as public or not. 

It took me a couple of tries (Finally clicked on the Lower Public box, instead of the Upper), but I still don't know if I'm Public?-

Please see snip

Firewall.JPG

• Sergiu C.
    Sergiu C.
    edited February 2018
    Options

Hi, 

As it's explained at the bottom of the window, with the Dynamic setting you are allowing the product to decide what sort of network the computer is connected to. For a LAN network, most likely home/office settings will be applied. 

You can use the drop-down from the right side to switch to public if you wish. 

• On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 5:51 PM, Sergiu C. said:

Hi, 

As it's explained at the bottom of the window, with the Dynamic setting you are allowing the product to decide what sort of network the computer is connected to. For a LAN network, most likely home/office settings will be applied. 

You can use the drop-down from the right side to switch to public if you wish. 

As you see from my snip (No pre B)- I clicked the B icon, and changed the Drop down box to Public, but Dynamic still shows?

Do I also have to click on Dynamic?

FW Dynamic.JPG

• columbo
    Options

That is just informational. If you click each one, it just give you the information about that type of network setting, thus the i symbol.