Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Temporary files

Options

Bitdefender Total Security 2018 Build 22.0.19.242 suddenly starts creating thousands of TMP files in a "tmp\tmp0000033c" directory.  Each file is almost 2 MB.  Meanwhile Dumeter shows vsserv accessing the internet constantly.  The "virtual size" of vsserv keeps growing. Now at 1,714,948 K.   I unplugged the internet cable and it creates tmp files slower.

Comments

• Try to disable  Bitdefender device management service from services or set it to manual, will fix the network bandwidth issue. This problem is over 10 years old, yet no fix. Maybe if they focused on improving and fixing the product instead of churning out next versions in mid year.

• Sergiu C.
    Options

Hi, 

I've seen this happen due to conflicts with other security solutions, even if those security were not full-fledged antiviruses (for example they would only have an anti-ransomware module). 

If you have any other such app, please uninstall it, then check if the issue is resolved. 

• cecil
    Options

Thank you for the replies.  I will investigate your suggestions the next time it happens.  It has happened about 6 times in the last few months.  It caused a hard drive full warning once.  TMP directory is alone on a 120 GB SSD SATA drive.