Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Block www.msn.com

Hi . Can I block this site using bitdefender? It's just started appearing whenever I start up my lap top. I'm using firefox if that makes any difference, thank you .

Comments

• What version of BD are you using, AV+, Internet Security or Total Security? If you have Total Security, you can blacklist it using Parental Controls.

Can you just change your Homepage in FF?

Also, run a BD update, and do a System Scan for safe measures.

• Hi. If there are extensions, to block ads, try disabling.

• Hi Columbo, I'm on Total Security so have hopefully blocked using parental controls. It doesn't replace my home page, my home page still loads, it just appears as well as my home page in another window. Also I switch on my router in the morning and if my computer is already on then msn.com tends to load before anything else!?

Update and scan all good.

Hi Rampant, I have adblock but have used this for years without this happening. Do you think that could be making this happen?  I'd rather keep it on if possible.

Thanks both for your advice

• I would try resetting the browser settings and recreating the browser shortcuts as well. Even if you block a site with Parental Advisor, this will not stop the tab from opening, it will only stop the page from loading. 

• 11 hours ago, cisq said:

I'd rather keep it on if possible.

I suggested that you temporarily disable extensions.

• Just a quick update. I turn on my computer and enter my password. Now, before I even click on the firefox icon, I just wait and msn.com tries to open a firefox window. This is usually blocked by an app called block site. But surely this can't be right if msn.com is opening my browser automatically without me even clicking the icon?!

• Hi. If there are extensions, to block ads, try disabling.

• zoziano
    edited October 2018

On 10/23/2018 at 4:42 PM, zoziano said:

Hi. If there are extensions, to block ads, try disabling.

Subway SurfersPsiphonHill Climb Racing