im installing bitdefender free but is stays on 73% ...

hello

im installing bitdefender free but is stays at73%

i dont want to stop the installation window, but it is more than 30min that it is at 73% and nothing happens. what can i do?

(i use windows 7 pro 64 bits)

thanks

Comments

• Stop the download/install and try like the thread below yours in this sub forum and disable firefox master password manager if you use that. I'm not sure if it will work, but just in case.

• hi, thanks for reply.

i have disabled the master password, i have stoped the install processus, and rebooted the pc

when i tryed to install again, it finished up to 100%, and after that the window freezes.

so i have rebooted, and all was ok, but some minutes later, my system hanged.. when i launched any program they executed 1min later, (even the ctrl+shift+esc shortcut) the whole system reacted like this.

so i have rebooted and quickly i've uninstalled before all freezes again :(

actually i don't know what causes this, i had avast and wanted to try bitdefender. i don't know what to do.

i dont know if there are other files to manually delete. i dont find any tool to uninstall correctly bitdefender (the free edition). so it is maybe not recommanded to reinstall avast before being sure that all is deleted correctly. and if i reinstall bitdefender i'm afraid to have these freezes again.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited April 2018

Bitdefender has a hard time with any leftovers of previous antivirus software, which in the past has really been true for the bigger install paid versions, but may also affect the free version. Does Avast have an Uninstall tool? If it does and you used it, it still can leave some folders/files that can upset a BD install.

Since BD Free is uninstalled, go through all the Hidden folders and manually delete any leftovers of BD and Avast. If you feel okay with going through the Registry and deleting any leftovers of BD and Avast there, too, Current User and Local Machine/Software for both locations.

After the clean up, reboot your PC, and re-install BD or Avast, whichever one you feel most comfortable with.

• tteesstt
    edited April 2018

yes i used the uninstall tool utility from avast.

how can i do to clean the registry? i suppose there are a lot of entries of BD that i can't identify.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited April 2018

Since you're not sure about the registry then it's probably best not to worry about that, but to just to clean up any hidden leftover files (even uninstall tools can leave some behind) and go from there.

Have a great weekend :)

• columbo
    columbo
    edited April 2018

• I'd also check if the product installs and functions correctly while in a clean boot state. There could be some software that is conflicting with Bitdefender.

This article has steps for how to do so:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows