Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Mac with a windows virtual machine

Options

Does anyone have a document or any idea how to configure BD with two operating systems? I am having trouble with saving word and excel files on the local hard drive. Right now I am resorting to saving to Dropbox and the moving them to the hard drive. First Level support at BD did not have any resources to help me.

My set up is a Mac Server with a windows virtual machine (parallels). I run MS Word and Excel on the windows side. I can't determine whether the access denied message when saving comes from the Mac or windows side. I have Safe Files turned on in both OS. On the MAC side i can see and allow the windows applications to access protected files, I can't see the apps on the windows side as they are in the application (parallels) folder. I don't see the BD notification on either side of the blocked action other than the popup when I click save. If no one has an answer in home office protection, I will try again on the business side.

thx

Comments

• 10 hours ago, IanSC said:

If no one has an answer in home office protection, I will try again on the business side.

thx

I see you have a consumer product associated with your account, so this is the correct forum for this question.

Can you let us know if the issue is solved by turning off Safe Files from either side? (Windows/ MAC) I'd recommend testing with Safe Files turned off on MAC first.