Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender slows-down Mac restart

Options

Dear Bitdefender,

I have 1 MacBook Pro from 2015, 8 GB of RAM, 2,7 GHz Intel Core i5,  running MacOS Mojave + the latest version of Bitdefender.

When restarting (as in rebooting) my MacBook Pro, I have to wait more than 25 seconds, until my Desktop elements ( directories, files, shortcuts) appear on the screen. This is happening only after installing Bitdefender. Before installing Bitdefender, my Desktop elements appeared almost instantaneous. 

I've noticed that, Bitdefender icon has to load first, before any other element get its turn to be loaded.

I wonder why is that?

Having to wait for my computer to load my Desktop elements, reminds me of old Windows computers, where you have to wait 2-3 minutes until your PC is usable.

Any suggestions ?

Thank you.

Comments

• Petre
    Options

Anyone? No One?

Am I the only one having this issue?

• It slows down my boot too. It also slows down system shutdown. I haven't found a fix yet. This might just be the cost of Mac AV.

• Roxana G
    Options

Hello All,

If you suspect that the slowdown may be caused by Bitdefender, please check in Activity Monitor if you have any Bitdefender process at CPU, Disk and Memory tabs.

If there is any Bitdefender process using resources, please reply back with the name of the process and the amount.

• 3 hours ago, Roxana G said:

Hello All,

If you suspect that the slowdown may be caused by Bitdefender, please check in Activity Monitor if you have any Bitdefender process at CPU, Disk and Memory tabs.

If there is any Bitdefender process using resources, please reply back with the name of the process and the amount.

I believe you replied in too much of a hurry. This was a question about starting up slowly, with the UI not yet being available. If you mean that you have a trick for launching Activity Monitor before Finder and Spotlight are available, that would be helpful to include.

• Roxana G
    Options

22 hours ago, mcgroarty said:

I believe you replied in too much of a hurry. This was a question about starting up slowly, with the UI not yet being available. If you mean that you have a trick for launching Activity Monitor before Finder and Spotlight are available, that would be helpful to include.

Hi,

Usually Bitdefender loads first as it is important as being a security product to avoid a malicious product to load at boot-up. Can you please provide us more details at bitsy@bitdefender.com with more details, such as:

- how long does it take for your Mac to boot-up?

- how many items are saved on your Desktop?

- how many programs are listed at login items?

- if you disable each module at a time: Bitdefender Shield, Safe Files do you notice any difference?

• Petre
    Options

Hi Roxana,

thank you for replying.

I am sending an email to bitsy@bitdefender.com with the required info one of these days.

And I agree with /index.php?/profile/214987-mcgroarty/&do=hovercard&referrer=https%253A%252F%252Fforum.bitdefender.com%252Findex.php%253F%252Ftopic%252F79800-bitdefender-slows-down-mac-restart%252F%2526tab%253Dcomments" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/214987-mcgroarty/" style="background-color:transparent;color:inherit;" title="Go to mcgroarty's profile" rel="">mcgroarty 

It would be nice to learn a new trick on how to load Activity monitor before Finder or Spotlight. Maybe even before starting the computer :)))

• Might it be in the middle of an update that somehow never finished properly?