Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't install Mac OS Security update 2018-002

Options

HI All, does anyone else has a problem with installation Mac OS Security Update 2018-002 on High Sierra?

After struggling for 3h I've finally managed it however, I had to uninstall Bitdefender. Then install security update. Perform at least 2 MacBook restarts. After this I successfully (?) installed Bitdefender from the lates installation file available on Bitdefender download site.

My platform: MacBook Pro with Touch Bar 2017. OS: High Sierra.

BTW: during Bitdefender uninstallation process I've got error messages (don't remember exact text) related to  2 Bitdefender's extensions located at: "/Library/Extensions/" folder.

Dear Bitdefender Team please save us (the customers)  from such "surprises" in future Mac OS updates.

Comments

• Roxana G
    Options

Hi,

We are sorry to hear that you had issues with the update. Bitdefender should not interfere with the OS update.

However, to verify please write us at bitsy @bitdefender.com with the logs from Console:

- go to Utilities

- open Console

- on the upper left under Devices, click on your device name

- copy the results from the right with Command and C in a .txt file

- send us the file

Regarding the messages that you receive at uninstalling that the extensions were not removed, you just need to select ok and remove manually the files from /Library/Extensions