Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

My new account is correct in Bitdefender Central but wrong in My Bitdefender

Options

Hi, I have just purchased a Total Security 5-device licence. I had already installed the free 30-day trial on two Windows computers and an Android phone.   I was sent an email with an "Activate Subscription" button which worked fine with "Bitdefender Central" - on that site I see my paid subscription and my three devices listed.

However when I log into "My Bitdefender" with the *same* email and password, it doesn't know about my paid subscription (it says I have Free Edition) and it only shows one device, and that device is wrong (it has the wrong name and Windows version).  "My Bitdefender" has a button on its subscription page labelled "Add licence key", which sounds like a good idea.  But I wasn't emailed a licence key, only an "Activate Subscripton" button!

How do I get My Bitdefender to know about my subscription and devices like Bitdefender Central does. And why are there two different sites anyway?

Thanks.

Comments

• Roxana G
    Options

Hello Davenine,

My Bitdefender account is the account used for our old products, up until 2015 version. 

In order to see your devices, you need to login to your Central account at:

https://central.bitdefender.com

• Thanks for the reply Roxana, I was misled by web pages which told me to go to My Bitdefender to see the Anti-Theft features.  I guess these are out of date pages.

Since I wrote my post I have noticed Anti-Theft is available in Bitdefender Central so I don't need to use the other site.

However I think it is confusing that a new user like me can log into both sites.  A message on the login page of My Bitdefender saying "This site is for our old products only" would fix it :-)