Can't install


I'm a Windows 10 user. It's the 4th time i run the following steps:


  1. install Bitdefender Total Security 2019

  2. Installer hang at about 75% completion

  3. After a lot of hours restart the computer or crash

  4. Bitdefender is installed but a some features missing and the FIX button do nothing. Moreover the program do not start at startup.

  5. Uninstall with uninstaller tool that always exit with errors and say to contact support

  6. Perform registry, cache and system clean


 


Please note that:


  • Windows defender is disabled

  • All actions are performed with administrator privileges

  • In %temp% folder the installer creates .tmp files that can't be removed or read


 


I'm starting to think about a refund, never had so many problems with an antivirus.

Comments


  • Hello Pethron,


     


    Do you have any other security solutions installed? What modules are missing? Do you see on system tray the message Services not Responding? What Bitdefender build version you have installed?


  • No, I have not other security solutions installed. Windows defender antivirus and firewall were turned off during installation.


    The modules missing are:


    • Vulnerability

    • Anti/Spam

    • Webcam protection

    • Firewall


    Yes, each time I manually start Bitdefender from the tray icon and widget say "Services not Responding".


    I'll edit the post once I get the build number.


  • Build number 23.0.19.85


  • Hello Pethron,


    We recommend you to reinstall Bitdefender using the uninstall tool below.


    https://www.bitdefender.com/files/KnowledgeBase/file/Bitdefender_2019_Uninstall_Tool.exe


    Reboot your PC after the tool completed the uninstall process.


    During the reinstall process, please keep the DNS client disabled. Thus, proceed as below to disable the DNS client:


    - type regedit on the Start Menu and open it


    - go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Dnscache,

    - locate the Start registry key and change its value from 2 (Automatic) to 4 (Disabled) <


    Now go to your Central account and install Bitdefender.


    After Bitdefender is installed, you may enable the DNS Client. Change the values back from 4 to 2.


  • Nothing changed. Still gettting services not responding and missing features.


  • Hi,


    In this case I recommend you to contact us via email at [email protected] Please include a Support Tool log with the option Reproduce the issue enabled.

  • edited March 2019


    I sent an email with the issue and a link to this post 10 days ago and no one responded. Neither just a standard reply that someone is looking into this.


    I already sent a two or three emails for refund but again no news. Nice to see this form of support where you can't track your open tickets.


    Hope to see someone reply soon.



  • On 3/11/2019 at 11:50 PM, Pethron said:



    I sent an email with the issue and a link to this post 10 days ago and no one responded. Neither just a standard reply that someone is looking into this.


    I already sent a two or three emails for refund but again no news. Nice to see this form of support where you can't track your open tickets.Hope to see someone reply soon.



    Hello,


    I have sent you a private message. Please note that when we are trying to answer to your ticket the emails are rejected. Please reply to my private message and provide us another email address so that we can contact you.


  • I have exactly the same problem.  Have been using in BD for many years and just had to uninstall it.  Tried to reinstall and encountered the same problems as Pethron; also tried all the same fixes and no joy.  Can't install and can't completely uninstall.


    Please advise



  • On 3/20/2019 at 8:58 AM, Firecapt said:



    I have exactly the same problem.  Have been using in BD for many years and just had to uninstall it.  Tried to reinstall and encountered the same problems as Pethron; also tried all the same fixes and no joy.  Can't install and can't completely uninstall.


    Please advise



    Hello Firecapt, 


    Please write us at [email protected] with a Support Tool log with the option Reproduce the issue enabled and our team will look into this.


  • Make sure your computer meets the minimal system requirements to install Bitdefender. You can find the Bitdefender system requirements in our article here.



  • On 1/16/2020 at 4:25 PM, awdawoih12 said:



    Make sure your computer meets the minimal system requirements to install Bitdefender. You can find the Bitdefender system requirements snaptube telegram web in our article here.



    You can find the Bitdefender system requirements , where

  • Install finally completed.. Stopped Heimdal AV checker.

  • Hi i how can i install Bitdefender in my laptop i am so tired of some websites when i open it give me a security alert can any body help me.

  • FlexxFlexx ✭✭✭✭

    If bitdefender is not installed, can you tell which software is showing you the security alert.

    Regards

    Flex

    (Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Sign In or Register to comment.