Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Premium VPN UK

Options

I have noticed that when I connect to the UK option for Bitdefender VPN Premium that my IP location will come up as in US or lately Indonesia although the service (?) is being run by an IT Service in Manchester UK. I have contacted Bitdefender support about this issue but wondered if anyone else had come across this issue. The problem is that when my IP was located in US, although connecting to UK option, I could not access BBC TV online. 

Comments

• Roxana G
    Options

Hello Anxious Al,

Can you please let us know the site used to verify the IP location? Please send us some screenshot with the results when you are connected to UK server from this website: https://www.maxmind.com/en/home

However, the issue with BBC TV online might be caused by the fact that many streaming websites have started blocking VPN and proxy usage. Depending on their blocking mechanism some VPN providers may still work, however it is very probable that they will be blocked as well in the future. Our VPN solution can be used to view geo-blocked content, however if the website specifically blocks VPN usage we cannot guarantee it will be accessible.

Let us know the results.

• Anxious Al
    edited May 2019
    Options

Hi Roxana G,

I have attached 2 snips of IP location. One is from 'Maxmind' ( Bitdefender 2)

1222840133_Bitdefender215.5_19.PNG.55029e30c6880e24dd238e398b8488aa.PNG

and the other 'What is my IP address' (Bitdefender 1)

1647211171_Bitdefender115.5.2019_LI(2).jpg.b82e2344160554a251c9b797d05c2aa1.jpg

At the moment I am listening to Spotify free via PC and the adverts are US based, american accent so I checked IP and 'What is my IP address includes a location in San Jose US (Bitdefender 1) . If I was connected in UK they would be UK. The hosting service is Mifco in both cases Provider A London ( expected) but Provider C US. So although connected to UK VPN I think I am routed via US by this company.

I think this why I am sometimes am not able to connect to BBC despite using UK VPN and am based in UK.

Regards,

Alan M

Bitdefender 2 15.5.19.PNG

• Roxana G
    Options

Hello,

If some services detect the given IP in the USA and if Spotify, for example, uses those services, it is possible that this might be the reason sometimes you hear commercials from USA.