Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Unable to connect to VPN Premium after Android update

Options
pchester
edited January 2022 in VPN

I have Bitdefender Mobile Security with VPN Premium. My tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab 3) is running Android version 8.0.0. Yesterday my tablet received a software update, and now I can no longer connect to VPN.

The VPN tab in Bitdefender says VPN is off. When I press the Connect button it says VPN is connecting and the "working..." wheel spins briefly, but then it stops and VPN is still off.

My Android settings still show Bitdefender Security as my VPN (Version number 3.3.061.960). I can turn on "Always-on VPN" here, but when I go back to the Bitdefender window it still shows VPN as off and I still can't connect.

Is there another setting somewhere that I am missing?

Thank you.

Comments

• Roxana G
    Options

Hello pchester,

We are aware of this issue and we are currently working on a fix.

Please turn OFF your phone and then turn it back on. Now try again to connect to VPN.

If the issue persists, try to reinstall Bitdefender Mobile Security and connect again.

• pchester
    Options

Hello, thank you for replying.

Switching my tablet off and on again made no difference. However, uninstalling and reinstalling Bitdefender Mobile Security has solved the problem and I can use VPN again.

Thank you for your help.

• Zodler
    Options

I have the same problem. Google Pixel 3 Android 9. VPN Premium subscription.

When I click connect, it connects and stays connected for 2 seconds only and disconnects. My VPN works fine on my iPAD.

I also powered off my Pixel 3. Uninstalled and reinstalled Bitdefender, but still the same problem. It only connects for 2 seconds and immediately disconnects.

• Roxana G
    Options

On 7/4/2019 at 5:20 PM, Zodler said:

I have the same problem. Google Pixel 3 Android 9. VPN Premium subscription.

When I click connect, it connects and stays connected for 2 seconds only and disconnects. My VPN works fine on my iPAD.

I also powered off my Pixel 3. Uninstalled and reinstalled Bitdefender, but still the same problem. It only connects for 2 seconds and immediately disconnects.

Hi,

Does the issue reproduces on Mobile Data and Wireless as well  and regardless the server you choose to connect to? Do you receive any error or it just disconnects?