Outdated threat protection

Hello all,

I keep getting a message in the dashboard of antivirus plus : Threat information database is out of date. UPDATE NOW

When I try to update it just hangs at 0% and doesn't give my any error message or completion sign. I tried contacting support and they said I have the latest definitions... from 21/07/2019

Could someone check if those are also the latest update definitions on their pc? Right-click on the Bitdefender icon in the taskbar and select about, please share the dates you have.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if my install is corrupted.

Many thanks

bitdefender updates.jpg

Comments

• vambo
    vambo
    edited July 2019

• 14 hours ago, Jos Ereld said:

Hello all,

I keep getting a message in the dashboard of antivirus plus : Threat information database is out of date. UPDATE NOW

When I try to update it just hangs at 0% and doesn't give my any error message or completion sign. I tried contacting support and they said I have the latest definitions... from 21/07/2019

Could someone check if those are also the latest update definitions on their pc? Right-click on the Bitdefender icon in the taskbar and select about, please share the dates you have.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if my install is corrupted.

Many thanks

bitdefender updates.jpg

Hello Jos,

You have the latest build, however, you do not seem to have the latest engine and from the screenshot you have sent it seems that the latest engine update was on 21.07.2019.

Please provide me the ticket number, as I could not find the case with this email address.

• Hi Roxane, thank you for your reply.

I started a chat session with support, this was the ticket 2019072920210001.

• Hello,

I have sent you an email. Please reply back to my email with the log I have requested.

Thank you!

• Hi Roxana,

Please close the ticket, I managed to fix it.

I reinstalled Comodo Firewall and now it works. Somehow even disabling the firewall didn't work, but a fresh ruleset did the trick.

Thanks for your help!

• On 8/3/2019 at 4:18 PM, Jos Ereld said:

Hi Roxana,

Please close the ticket, I managed to fix it.

I reinstalled Comodo Firewall and now it works. Somehow even disabling the firewall didn't work, but a fresh ruleset did the trick.

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

I am glad to hear that the situation was solved.