Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

John Doe...?

WebMaximus
edited February 2022 in General Topics

I just took advantage of the offer to upgrade to Bitdefender 2020. After paying for the renewed subscription, I received an email (as seen below) where I'm addressed as 'John Doe'. I also noticed how there's a spelling error in the text. It says 'för12 MÅNAD' which looks quite odd. First of all how 12 and MÅNAD is written without a space in between. But also MÅNAD should be MÅNADER since it's more than one month. Bad spelling in these kind of emails can often be an indication of fraud or malicious activity as well all know.

What's that all about...did I just get scammed when trying to renew the product I'm using to avoid such things?

Still I think (hope) that is not the case and that all is good. Because I do see how my end subscription date has been moved forward.

Speaking about that date, I was a bit surprised how I all of a sudden have a valid subscription for the next 628 days!

Right after the transaction, I did end up on a web page telling me old services/subscriptions were already found tied to my account and how those would be added on top of my new subscription. So maybe it's all good? But I'm still a bit surprised since I normally renew only 1 year a time. And I thought I got the renewal offer because my current subscription was about to end. Stupid of me not to actually check my end subscription date before buying the renewal.

Or maybe I already renewed the subscription but forgot about it? And that's why I now have a valid subscription for a whopping 628 days. Will try to see if I can find any old receipts.

Looking forward to hear your comments on this.

This is what the first part of the email I received looks like where I manually hid the order ID:

53779724_Bitdefender2checkout.thumb.jpg.08a3d1ddabd219fc731fb69c59937a50.jpg

Comments

• Hi /index.php?/profile/213780-webmaximus/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="213780" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/213780-webmaximus/" rel="">@WebMaximus,

Please email us to bitsy@bitdefender.com with this situation so that we can take a more in-depth look into it.

• Will forward the emails I got and expect to hear promptly from you to know if I should get in touch with PayPal to stop/cancel the payment.

• All the emails related to this purchase have been forwarded to you as of late yesterday night and I'm now waiting for hear back from you. Which I again hope will happen swiftly since I of course like to react as quickly if possible if the purchase I did turns out to be some kind of fraud using your company and product name.

Also not sure how/where to get Bitdefender Anitivirus Plus 2020, am I supposed to download and install it manually or will this happen automatically? Just tried using the 'Update Now' feature by right-clicking the Bitdefender icon in the System Tray Bar but that only seems to update the virus definitions.

• On 8/3/2019 at 2:03 PM, WebMaximus said:

All the emails related to this purchase have been forwarded to you as of late yesterday night and I'm now waiting for hear back from you. Which I again hope will happen swiftly since I of course like to react as quickly if possible if the purchase I did turns out to be some kind of fraud using your company and product name.

Also not sure how/where to get Bitdefender Anitivirus Plus 2020, am I supposed to download and install it manually or will this happen automatically? Just tried using the 'Update Now' feature by right-clicking the Bitdefender icon in the System Tray Bar but that only seems to update the virus definitions.

Hello,

You may check the thread below in order to upgrade Bitdefender 2020

/index.php?/topic/81210-how-to-update-bts-2020/&do=embed" style="overflow: hidden; height: 205px; max-width: 502px;">

Please keep in mind to search the other threads before opening a new one.

Thank you!