Stuck during scan

2»

Comments

• Same problem here.

After excluding CodeMeter from being scanned, I could do a full quickscan, an then even a fullscan without freezing my desktop. This is Win10 Pro Workstation here (hp zBook 17g5, 6cores, running preinstalled hp SureClick)

Maybe this can help you

• Same issue gets stuck between 940,000 and 950,000 files. First couple of times on pdf files, 3rd time a different file type. New User installed today on my iMac and tried to do first full system scan.....What is going on?

• Another user with this stuck issue on MAC 10.15.6 Had the same problem several several months ago and opened a ticket. There were some messages back and forth but no 'fixed it' message. Problem went away for a while but now its back.

• Having the same exact issue right now. I suppose I will go ahead and uninstall and ask for my money back. The CPU usage is unsustainable.

• My renew date is soon and I will not renew unless this problem is fixed. Bdldaemon was using 100% of CPU for two days and it was obviously stocked. Full scan sticks at random file. This is not a product which should be on the market. Fixing problems takes far too long.

• I uninstalled Bitdefender completely which was a but complicated job to do. Uninstall didn't work and "manual Method 1" neither. Then I reinstalled, updated and system scanned. And now it seems to work properly. If only one could trust this status will stay.

• Today I got a reply to my ticket and indeed the un/re-installing is the recommended fix:

Hello Hannu,

Thank you for your reply.

The situation you have encountered is usually being caused by an outdated Bitdefender Agent present on your device.

In order to completely remove/uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac, please follow the steps provided in the article below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1446/

Afterward, download and install, using the latest kit following the steps in the link below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/3478/

Let me know how everything goes and if I can assist you with anything else.

Have a great day ahead!

Kind Regards,

Gabriel P.

Customer Support Engineer

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.