Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is anyone else having a problem with Microsoft AutoUpdate?

Options
LoudHogRider
edited April 2020 in General

For the last few days, BitDefender has blocked my Microsoft Office software updates. I've added the blocked string to the "exceptions" list, even tried turning off the BitDefender Shield app, but the update process is apparently verboten. The following notification appears each time I try the update:

Feature: Anti-Ransomware

An app you previously chose to block attempted to access your protected files again.App: /Library/Application Support/Microsoft/MAU2.0/Microsoft AutoUpdate.app We blocked the app to prevent it from altering the content of your protected files.

Are there any know workarounds?

Edited to add: I'm on an iMac in case the notification string didn't give it away ...

Answers

• Hello @LoudHogRider ,

It seems like the autoupdater is attempting to modify files within a protected folder. You can either try to add the autoupdater as an exclusion to your AntiRansomware protection (Safe Files), or remove the folder where your Office suite's files are located. The following article should help:

Let me know how everything goes!

• LoudHogRider
    Options

Unfortunately, it did not. In addition to completely re-installing the Microsoft Office suite and restarting the computer, I've added the Microsoft AutoUpdate app to the application access list AND placed the folder in the exclusion list. I see the following error (granted, it's a change from yesterday's error, but it still won't allow me to update)

Shown below are the folder "exceptions" folder list:

(Note - I tried adding the entire "Applications" folder to the exceptions list, but experienced the same result - failure. I've subsequently elected to remove that broad folder exception from the list as it seems to wide open for me).

Any addition insight or ideas on how to correct this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.