Download issues in browser

I have bitdefender total protection and for quite some time now, I am experiencing strange behavior in my browser (Vivaldi browser latest stable release) when downloading files. After a discussion on the Vivaldi forum I was advised to post it here on the bitdefender forums.

The problem is that when downloading a file, it downloads the file and at the moment everything is downloaded, the browser does not yet mark the download as complete like you can see in the image below while in the mean time, the file is already ready to use in windows file explorer. The browser marks it as completed 10-60 seconds after all the files are downloaded depended on the file size. In the mean time, it seems like it is downloading something because the internet download speed as indicated is changing all the time and the progress bar keeps moving.

On advise by vivaldi moderators, I disabled bitdefender and restarted my pc. After the restart, the download issue did not occur but it did after enabling bitdefender again.

One of the moderators advised to disable SSL protection in bitdefender but that did not solve the issue.

Any thoughts from you why this is occurring and how to fix it?

greeting,

Vincent

Comments

• Thank your for your reply. The downloaded file is not a virus and it happens on more files, not just this one. It also happens on for example .exe files of programs I use and if it was a virus, bitdefender should have already notificated me about it.

I will send an email to the address you provided.

Greetings,

Vincent

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited May 2020

Hi Member (@Vincentd)

This is weird & it should not have happened.

1) Can you go forward & reset you Vivaldi browser : https://help.vivaldi.com/article/full-reset-of-vivaldi/

2) Kindly clear your temporary files :

Open run command (windows icon + R) and perform below functions

type temp and delete files

again open run command, type %temp% and delete files

again open run command, type prefetch and delete files

Try downloading the files again with bitdefender services running.

If issue persists, I would request you to kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com and brief them about the above steps you have already performed. Response may be delayed due to less staff and covid19. Rest be assured, they will reply back asap.

If this helps, kindly mark answer as agree/ accepted

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

@Vincentd

If your issue has been resolved, kindly mark answer as agree/ accepted

Regards

Flex

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• @flandrei@Flexx I send an email because your suggestions unfortunate didn't work. Still waiting for response