Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender interfering with Google Drive?

I am getting a message like the following when I try to access drive.google.com:

I try clearing cookies, but it's not working. According to this support discussion at google.com, it can be "fixed" by disabling the bitdefender extension in Chrome. I've done that, and it's "fixed" now.

I put "fixed" in air-quotes because I don't think disabling the extension is the right thing to do. The right thing to do is to figure out what's wrong with the Bitdefender extension and fix it.

Please help! I would like my Bitdefender extension to be operational, and I would like to use Google drive. Best of both worlds!

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited May 2020

Hi @wla2000,

Can you confirm below things:

1) OS your are using.

2) Browser you are using.

3) Bitdefender extension that is causing the issue (trafficlight or antitracker)

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Hello @wla2000 ,

Few other users are also facing this issue with Bitdefender AntiTracker. Here is the resolution to your issue and use both Bitdefender and google drive.

Click on the tab for Google Drive (or the errored page), then click on the Bitdefender Anti-tracker extension, then click the gear icon in the upper right corner (in the open Bitdefender Anti-tracking extension), and under "Exceptions", click the blue "Add current website to the list." This should add drive.google.com ; however, you can also manually enter the link "drive.google.com" in the bar under "Manually add or remove websites below."  You might have to refresh the tab that has the error, or close the tab and reopen your Google drive.

https://support.google.com/drive/thread/49204877?hl=en

If you find this helpful, please mark the answer as accepted/agree.

Thanks and regards.

• I tried @Jayakrishnan 's suggestion and it appears to have worked. To answer @Flexx 's questions, I'm using Windows 10, Chrome browser, and apparently the antitraffic extension.

I'm not real thrilled with the opacity of the error that I got. I would have hoped that antivirus software could more seamlessly interact with websites, and that if an intrusion or other anomaly is detected, it (the AV software/extension) should alert the user rather than interfere with the website resulting in meaningless errors. But thanks for your responses.

• Hello @wla2000 ,

If the response helped please mark the answer as accepted/agree. And the false positive issue with blocking Of google drive will be fixed by Bitdefender via an automatic update.

It seems like other users had also reported this issue to Bitdefender.

Thanks and regards,

• Flexx

Okay, seems your issue has been resolved, the issue was probably with antitracker extension which was interfering with google drive & as @Jayakrishnan said, bitdefender will rectify the issue with an update to its antitracker extension for all supported browsers.

Regards

Flex

• @Jayakrishnan : How will I know that the update has been supplied? Specifically I would need to remove drive.google.com from the exception list, since putting it there in the first place is just a workaround.

• Hello @wla2000

If you had already reported this issue to bitdefender support team, they will keep you updated via mail regarding the issue status and once they release a fix.

• Do my above comments qualify as "reported this issue", or do I need to do something additional?

• Flexx

The issue has been reported to Bitdefender support. This thread will be updated as soon as someone from the bitdefender support team replies back.

Regards

Flex

• I tried to follow the same procedure, and it did not work for me. First of all, when I opened the Chrome extension of the Bitdefender Antivirus tracker and clicked on the gear to "add current website to list" there was an error message under the "manual" section that said the URL is invalid, as if it was trying to allow a manual entry, but I didn't want to enter it manually. I couldn't get around that so I ended up having to put in "drive.google.com" and "accounts.google.com" in the accepted list manually, but it still didn't work. As soon as I disabled the Chrome extension I could get into Google Drive, so I know that the issue was the BitDefender Chrome extension. There are sometimes when the extension is active that I can get into Google Drive, but then when I try to open any of the documents I get a 401 error. As soon as I turn off the extension again, I can open them no problem.

Current Chrome version: 83.0.4103.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)

• Flexx

@wla2000, @Knapo

As previously told, here is an update from the bitdefender support team. This is to inform you that the issue currently being checked by the bitdefender development team. Kindly have a look at a reply from bitdefender support.

If this helps, kindly mark answer as agree/ accepted

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

• Poetnerd
    Poetnerd
    edited June 2020

Second attempt to remove redundant comment. Sorry for the noise.

• Flexx

@Poetnerd

Kindly refrain from posting improper comments on this forum. I can easily see in trail post that there is not even a single comment where you have stated anything related to your issue. Posting these type of comments may lead to banning of your account & IP address from bitdefender forum.

@Alex D., @Andy_BD

Regards

Flex

• Multiple attempts not successful (but did not want to go as far as PC reboot) :: Anti-Tracker now off and AOK. Thanks Bitdefender