How to stop bitdefender popups/notifications

2»

Comments

• Another +1 vote for the Bitdefender team to please URGENTLY work on a fix where we can leave automatic profile switching turned on, but disable the pop-up notification from BD when the profile changes (especially to the Work profile). Considering moving to a different anti-virus program when my licence expires if this issue is not fixed.

• I'm on the point of uninstalling this program too. As you have all said, for months now, that this is highly disruptive and for non-technical people, really confusing. My partner doesn't know whether she's supposed to click anything to make it go away so I'm constantly being asked what to do. I installed this as an alternative to ESET but so far have been REALLY disappointed.

How many people need to complain about this before something is done about it?

• Profiles are not really necessary, you can turn them off completely or just leave 1 on all the time and this will prevent the popups from occurring.

If you have all other notifications turned off you will never see anything from Bitdefender unless there is malware or something urgent you need to do something about (I'm assuming).

The "optimization" is OK, but you don't need it for anything.

I too find them very annoying especially when acrobat reader starts while i'm playing a full screen multiplayer game and suddenly the popup takes me to the desktop, I invariably get destroyed taking a very expensive tank with me.

Thanks Bitdefender, please stop advertising at us and waving the "look at me doing stuff for you" flag around.

• I have the constant notifications, even though I have de-activated every possible notification. It never ends.

• I bought a three year 10 user license and and very annoyed by the constant notifications! Can your team please prioritize this feature to allow disabling of notifications?

• FlexxFlexx ✭✭✭✭

@Andy_BD, @Alex D., @Yann A.

Kindly look into the issue.

Regards

Flex

• I quite agree with the above statements.

It's almost insane for BitDefender to subject the user to a virtually continuous bombardment of Firewall notifications. They cease to have any use since our first gesture is to rapidly say yes to everything - it's not compatible with normal work.

I use a 10 user license and have for years been a staunch BD supporter. Not anymore - I'm on the verge of adopting a different software even before the present license ends.

Do you have someone ill in your working team? Or a lunatic going through a brain storm? Possibly the same genius that thought of getting rid of the widget.

Why don't keep it quiet, user friendly and and reliable?.

Just as it used to be.

FB20

• I have also been distracted by these continual popups and have not received any solution from Bitdefender or reasonable response. in purchasing this product there was no indication that a user would be consistently barraged with popups without any ability to stop it. I will not be renewing and have requested a refund. Since no one at Bitdefender has responded or solved this issue I have also put in a consumer complaint with the Office of the Attorney General here in Texas.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.