Is the free version enough security?

I am using the free version. Is it enough security? Is it any shield against spyware?

Tagged:

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi @Rayhan

This is to inform you as long as you are only using your PC for surfing internet & downloading stuffs, free version will work for you.

Bitdefender free version provides protection against all kinds of malware with malicious/ phishing website protection.

You can visit the bitdefender free website (https://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/free.html) and scroll down until you will find the COMPARE BITDEFENDER PRODUCTS, where you can expand the windows protection category and see the difference between free & paid version.

If this helps, kindly mark answer as agree/ accepted

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• I am using the free version, I have done some tests against malware and I must say that it reacts very well. The protection of the detector is activated if the malware is present in the list of signatures or the behavioral analysis starts when the malware is executed, blocking it and cleaning the PC. By making scans with second-rate antimalware software, the PC is always clean.

So in conclusion I would say that it is an excellent free protection if not the best. If it will be enriched with some other functionality, it will be the TOP.

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited June 2020

All bitdefender products, whether consumer or enterprise, paid or free use the same signature based detection engine. The only difference lies in technology. Enterprise version have a little bit of more advantage over consumer products, which holds true, but that being said, consumer products do have alternative technologies to that in consumer products.

An example being hyperdetect technology which focuses on aggressive detection of PUP/ PUA (according to chat with bitdefender support), which is only available in enterprise version & not in consumer version.

If this helps, kindly mark answer as agree/ accepted

Regards

Flex

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)