Does BitDefender get on well with Malwarebytes?

Konig6Konig6
edited June 18 in Malware area

Hello there!

I recently acquired a copy of BitDefender Premium.

I was wondering if Malwarebytes Premium is compatible with BitDefender or not (and if it's really needed, which I guess is a very subjective question).

I just want to make sure both of them will get on well, or if I will need to return my copy of Malwarebytes.

Thanks!

Comments

• (Techincally speaking, I'd like to know if there will be any conflicts between both software packages).

• FlexxFlexx ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19

@Konig6

This is to inform you that both bitdefender & malwarebytes do conflict with each other if malwarebytes is installed first (but this case is only true if you are using free version of bitdefender antivirus)

But since you are using a premium version of bitdefender, you will never face any issue with malwarebytes premium . Though bitdefender is excellent at detecting malwares and phishing/ malicious website, it is average when it comes down to PUP detection (on my personal opinion)

This is where malwarebytes can come in handy. Malwarebytes is tough on detecting PUP's. Hence it is totally upto you if you want to use bitdefender premium with malwarebytes.

But it is always recommended to use only one security software. So, according to me you can use bitdefender premium as your main security software with malwarebytes free (scanning the system once in a week with it).

If you want you can also use malwarebytes premium, it will not cause any issue until you are using premium version of bitdefender with it instaed of free version of bitdefender.

If this helps, kindly mark answer as agree/ accepted

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.