Rotinom virus?

A7MED
A7MED
edited June 2020 in Antivirus

hello

I've been seeing weird files in quarantined items there all located in a folder that I can't find and they all have different threat names

can someone explain what is that s-1-5-31-12 file and why I can't find it?

I tried to enable show hidden files but nothing showed up

any help would be appreciated

Tagged:

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

@A7MED

As per the file name, it is not possible to tell what kind of file it is or which part of the system or application was using it.

Secondly, you were unable to find the file in the desired location even when you check marked "show hidden files & folder" because bitdefender already dealt with that file and quarantined it. If you will restore the file from quarantine (which is not recommend) & will hover to the same location where the file was original available, you will be able to see the file.

As of now, bitdefender has protected you from all the available threats and your system is safe.

You can try running a full system scan to confirm that your system is completely protected.

If this helps, kindly mark answer as agree/ accepted

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• A7MED
    A7MED
    edited June 2020

so ok but there's another thing

when I right-click on the local file and press on properties and go to security I see this:

should I be concerned about this?

• Flexx

@A7MED

You can ignore it. It is of not any issue. That profile is automatically created by windows and will not do any harm. For more information you can have a look at below links from microsoft

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/all/account-unknown-s-1-15-2-1/74b45b08-5691-4388-b437-c6b9e70792d7

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/openspecs/windows_protocols/ms-dtyp/81d92bba-d22b-4a8c-908a-554ab29148ab?redirectedfrom=MSDN

If this helps, kindly mark answer as agree/ accepted

Regards

Flex

• Thanks (:

• A7MED
    A7MED
    edited June 2020

well I'm here again just to ask this question

when I perform a system scan Bitdefender scans thousands of these files every time which I can't find for some reason?

and also my local file is 21.9GB i'don't know if that's a problem and the scan is stuck on 44% after an hour of scanning

I don't know if Bitdefender should mark them as unresolved items

thanks in advance

• Flexx
    edited June 2020

Well that is too much of files according to me bitdefender is scanning, but if it is scanning that means the files are still present on your disk, and I assume that you have enabled the hidden folder options and still you are not able to find those files on the selective location.

I would like you to seek help from bitdefender support regarding this by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com .Kindly also attach and share bitdefender logs (https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1922/) with the support team. Briefly explain the issue to them & they will be able to provide you additional support in relation to the issue you are facing.

Response may be delayed due to less staff and covid19. Rest be assured, they will reply back asap.

If this helps, kindly mark answer as agree/ accepted

Regards

Flex