No Camera Access

Mr_A
Mr_A
edited February 2022 in General Topics

Hi, my windows applications cannot access the webcamera. I am running Windows 10 Pro and Bitdefender 2020

Firstly I went into the Privacy settings and "Video and Audio Protection" and added the application to the list. This did not work.

Next I went into the "Video and Audio Protection" settings and switched off "Webcam Protection"

the applications still cannot see the camera.

I removed bitdefender and re-started, without bitdefender the applications can access the webcamera. I have re-installed bitdefender and once again the applications cannot see the camera.

I have tried with zoom, google meet and the windows camera app

Any other settings to try?

Best Answer

• Mr_A
    Mr_A
    Answer ✓

Just to close this, I have managed to solve the problem.

The laptop came pre-installed with some software called "Control Centre", this software allowed you to enable and disable the camera (as well as changing some other settings)

Somehow bitdefender managed to cause this software to disable the camera. Once the camera was enabled through "Control Centre" it worked fine. Control Centre can be launched from the task bar.

Answers

• Just add, that the when bitdefender is installed the camera does not appear in device manager. When bitdefender is removed the camera appears in device manager

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited June 2020

@Mr_A

Kindly refrain from creating duplicate post. As already told to you in other post (https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/comment/296109#Comment_296109) ,since none of the solutions worked for you, kindly contact bitdefender support directly at bitsy@bitdefender.com

Regards

Flex

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Not duplicate, but just a lot more specific information about the problem I am having.

• Thanks, its already been done, no need to repeat the message

• Hello,

I can see that the original poster has solved the situation already.