sdCard with uuuuuuu.uuuuu ransome

Hi everyone

I connected sdCard to my computer, transferred files from computer>>> sdCard,

I saw all the file at the sdCards are uuuuuu.uuuuu>>> have removed the card from the PC immediately.

short search found that it is a ransom virus , my questions:

1- That happened few days ego before I had antivirus, am i infected?

2- I purchased bitdefender now, will it be able to detect if i am infected?

3-I found a solution on the net, but i have to connect the sd Card to the PC , is it safe?

thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• FlexxFlexx ✭✭✭

@syncopa

1) Can you upload any infected/ encrypted file to ID Ransomware to see what kind of ransomware you were attacked by and simultaneously you will be notified whether there is a decryption tool available for it or not (https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/)

2) If the files are already encrypted, bitdefender products will not be able to decrypt the file, but stop further infection if the respective strain of sample is detected by bitdefender.

Looking forward for your reply.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.