New here from South Africa Johannesburg ๐Ÿ˜

Mimen
Mimen โœญ
edited January 2022 in General Topics

My cyber name is Mimen. I've been using Bitdefender for probably 5 years or so. I live in Johannesburg South Africa.

I used to work at a large local Mobile Network company. One of my interest for a long time has been computer and personal identity safety. Many years ago I was shocked to find out that the large majority of my friends and family are not informed about it. For instance a friend of mine in his 50s who simply relied on his OS built in security. When we started talking he quickly bought and installed Bitdefender and run a scan. His computer was riddled with hidden away trackers etc.

What I was wondering is, if Bitdefender has a better price for 3rd world countries. For example, the minimum wage here is 4000 rand per month. Which is about $250 for security guards, teller or checkouts at a supermarket, waiters etc. You need to earn about 800 to 1500 USD per month, even that affords you very little.

Anyway, I was just wondering but I'm quite glad i discovered this Bitdefender community.