Without trafficlight extension does Bitdefender's web threat protection works?

Roy
Roy
edited February 2022 in Utilities

I want to share something. I saw an issue with Bitdefender products. Without trafficlight extensions their web attack blocker is useless. But it is not recommended using it. Their products internet security feature has a bug. It can block few links and misses a lot. But with their extension all of them are blocked.(I tried the same links with different browser; with trafficlight extension all of them are block and without extension many of them are missed!).

I reported about this issue to them(Ticket no- ticket number is 2019051012380001). It’s more than a year still they are unable to fix it! Few weeks ago they told me that it is fixed... but again I tested they are not! This problem is not only with me. I saw others have the same issue! The users of Bitdefender can get malware link to test, from vxvault website.

Tagged:

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi Member,

Trafficlight extension uses the same url blocking database as that of their of consumer/ business product. Sometimes it does happens that the bitdefender product detects the webpage as malicious and blocks it but trafficlight does not. But in your case its vice versa. I would request you to kindly attach a notepad with the url which are blocked by trafficlight and not by the product itself for further investigation.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Try these links... and watch this video...

He tested without Trafficlight 1st then at the end with trafficlight. It's very hard to find links because most of the time after few days they are dead. But I tried to get some...

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited August 2020

I will check and get back to you with the response from the support team. It may take 2-3 days to get a proper response from the support team since they will have to internally contact the malware research team. As of now the links in the notepad are dead & not working.

Regards

Flex

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)