Can't get rid of old free version and cannot install newest free version

I have a free version of the antivirus program.  I was trying to remove an old version and install the most recent version.  Trying to uninstall wouldn't remove the old files so I tried to remove them manually but couldn't -- none of the usual ways of deleting stubborn files worked including the use of third party tools.  I also tried a couple of the bitdefender uninstall programs for Antivirus Plus but they didn't work either.

So then I tried to install the latest free version of the antiVirus program hoping that it would update the old files to the new ones but unfortunately that didn't work.

So I am now in a state where the old version is inactive (it's been removed from the Windows registry), I can't get rid of any of its files, and I cannot install an updated version.

Please help me out of this mess.  How can I delete the files for the older version of the free antiVirus program?

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.