Multiple Computers - Multiple profiles - Multiple headaches

I've found that BitDefender lacks a certain "je ne sais quoi" when it comes to this product. I find the interface to be a bit "raw" and lacking functionality when it comes to managing multiple computers in a home environment. I've spent good dollars on purchasing a 5 license package. (Personally, I'd like my money back with interest!) I find the support folks are lacking in understanding and dealing with this product. My feeling is support have no idea how customers use the product and don't care... I've put in multiple requests to get my issue sorted out and all I get back are a few "Thank you' s" and we have your request and then "crickets"... This company lacks the proper customer support and understanding for what customers with multiple computers need. I have outlined what I'd like to see and have offered my services as a beta developer...

After installing the product on my 5 Windows 10 computers, I found the following issues that hit me immediately:

1) My locally developed Powershell and Batch scripts and executables were flagged as viruses and Bitdefender removed them.

2) I created Exclusions for these individual files and folders where these scripts reside, including my backup drives. The exclusions do not work and every time the BitDefender app runs it removes my scripts. I keep excluding and restoring them, and the battle of whit's begins. You can only restore files a certain amount of times to realize the product stinks. I have a stronger will than BitDefender has and after 2 months of fighting this ridiculous product have removed BitDefender from my systems. Support cannot help and the product is not worth the time and effort in trying to fix. I have reverted back to using built-in Windows Defender, Norton and Total AV.

3) There is no common profile where a single customizable profile can be used for multiple computers. BitDefender requires that each machine is an individual and needs to be set up individually. I cannot copy a common profile from the master machine to other machines. This, unfortunately, is how BitDefender "works!". I spent around 2 hours configuring my master BitDefender system and then have to repeat that another 4 times. And on top of that, every day I have to restore my folders and files that have been removed. Plus at the same time I go and add the files and folders for exclusion back to BitDefender again. This is a losing battle for me...

I'd be happy to share logs, files etc with anyone who is interested. However, I do not recommend this product to anyone with more than 1 computer... It may be ok for 1 machine provided you don't write Powershell Scripts and Batch files. It's not worth the fight. With Norton and Total AV I create a set of my exclusions and that is all I need. My files are protected. BitDefender does not protect my system, it's destroying them...

Comments

• I'd be interested to hear from folks who are experiencing issues with BitDefender removing files EVEN AFTER ADDING THEM AS EXCLUSIONS. Also if you have more than one computer what is your experience in trying to configure the systems with a common profile. I use OneDrive and Google Drive as my common drives, and have multiple backups across several external HDD's plus a WD MyCloud.