Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

IPad protection

Options

When I use the Bitdefender (Premium) app on my Apple iPad I cannot use the web protection option for constant monitoring and VPN connection at the same time. Using VPN disables the web protection and the other way around. Is that normal, or do I something wrong.

Comments

• Alex_A
    Alex_A ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Options

This is the normal behavior of these two services and is described in the manual:

What is Bitdefender Mobile Security for iOS?

Online activities such as paying bills, making holiday reservations, or buying goods and services are convenient and hassle-free. However, there are certain risks involved and, if security details are ignored, personal data may be hacked.

Bitdefender Mobile Security for iOS allows you to check if any leakage has occurred in your online accounts using the Account Privacy feature.

When you enable Web Protection for the first time, you may be prompted to allow Bitdefender to configure VPN configurations that will monitor network traffic. Click "Allow" to continue.

The VPN service included with Bitdefender TS is limited to 200 MB per device per day. Whether or not Bitdefender VPN is used in the future is up to you.

note

Web Security and VPN cannot work at the same time. Once one of them is enabled, the other (if active at the time) will be disabled. Therefore, this behavior is not dysfunctional. Web protection and VPN are two features designed for different purposes, the first to keep you safe while browsing, and the second to keep you anonymous online.

• Alex66
    Options

I’m confused as well. Isn’t web protection redundant then if using a VPN makes you anonymous? My issue is my neighbour is a hacker and I’m concerned about surfing the and her being able to see what I am doing on safari/google and other apps such as Reddit. Would I use web protection or VPN? And what if I’m trying to book a hotel room online wo her knowledge? I’m using my banking information which seems to call for web protection but leaves me exposed without the VPN.

On top of that, I’ve also got the BitdefenderVPN app installed along with the central app with dashboard. When I enable the VPN on the central app it disconnects the VPN app and vice versa. None of this makes any sense as it doesn’t seem streamlined whatsoever.