camera sd card no longer recognized

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate.

Before BitDefender Antivirus Plus (BAP), I was able to plug in my camera's SD Card Reader into a USB 3.0 port and it would pop up asking if I wanted to read in all my photos.

After installing BAP, this no longer works. First, it tells me "New Device Detected" and says it will scan it in the background.

First, I do not want this scanned. It was in my camera. There are no viruses there. So I would like to tell BAP to skip the scanning on this device.

Second, after that message above, everything goes quiet. The pop up never comes up asking me if I want to import my photos. In fact, I've looked everywhere and it doesn't seem to recognize this as a USB drive or SD card, or anything. Because if I try to access it via Windows Explorer, it tells that the disk isn't formatter. But if I put that disk back into my camera, I can see the photos, the disk is fine.

Please fix this. This is a show-stopper for me. I have to uninstall BAP, in order to import photos, and that is unacceptable. When I was using MalWareBytes, it didn't have this problem, it worked fine. Please don't make me go back to MWB.

And please don't ask me to upgrade to Windows 10. I'll do that when I'm ready and it won't be for another 6-12 months.

Thank you

A very irritated customer

Comments

• Some progress: I found under the Protection Menu (Vulnerability -> Settings -> Autoplay) , the option to Always display Autoplay dialog.

It still doesn't popup the Autoplay dialog, but it stopped not loading the USB SD Card and now I can manually navigate to the folder and copy and paste the raw image files off the card and on to my computer.

It's not ideal, but I can get the job done now.

And don't ask me how I found that setting... I just got lucky. The Settings menus in BitDefender AntiVirus could use some UX design revamping. It's nearly impossible to find anything in that rat's nest.

• Alex_A
    Alex_A ✭✭✭

open the Bitdefender antivirus interface -> protection -> antivirus -> open -> settings -> scan flash drives, select (autoscan, disabled, always ask)