Browser Hijack Not Detected

I just bought BD for 12 months thinking it would help me rid my system of the dreaded "charmsearching" browser hijacker. The hack redirects all browser searches to use Bing and as I understand it, all links presented are fake and or malicious.

BD, does not detect it even after a full scan. How can BD be rated so highly when it can't find this?

Furthermore, a search for "charmsearching" on this community found zero topics (now probably only this one).

So a warning to anyone else with this problem, don't buy BD to resolve this issue. It's wasted money. 😡

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

First of all, there is no AV vendor in the world that can detect every piece of malware/ pup.

Secondly, browser hijackers are pup and not malware.

Third, ratings of AV vendors are done by independent AV testing companies like AV Test, AV Comparatives, Mrg Effitas etc, so it would be nice if you can ask their support as to why they rank bitdefender at top.

And now coming down to your detection issue, if the sample is undetected kindly fill this online forum (https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/40673/) .The forum will share the respective file directly with the malware research team and if the file is indeed malicious, detection will be added in maximum of 72 hours.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)