Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Importing passwords

jct3531
edited January 2022 in Password Manager

I have been using the Total Security plan for a couple of months and am very happy with it. The only issue I have is with the Bitdefender wallet password manager. I have used Bitwarden for a long time and wanted to try the Bitdefender extension for Chrome but cannot create an export file in the proper format. Is there any way to import a .csv file?

Comments

• WilliamWVW
    edited January 2022

Iam looking for a solution aswell, to import my bitwarden database into bitdefender. Any possibilities?

It would be nice to see more compatibility between different password managers, to be able to import/export the databases inbetween.

I have only tested the Password Manager on Bitdefender since it comes with "Bitdefender Internet Security", but for now I will most likely stay with Bitwarden. If you improve your "Bitdefender Password Manager" with additional features as for example Bitwarden offers, I would be interested to change.

• I have Lastpass, but since I have Bitdefender for virus and internet security I thought I'd give it a try. It looked a simple task, follow the instruction, Lastpass was of the compatibility list. LastPass allows export to CSV, you add a master password, easy peasy.

Then you import the CSV via Bitdefender, tell Bd that it is Lastpass, add the master password of LastPass, select the export in the downloads folder and........... failed to import the file. Tried 3 times, even created a new export.

Removed the plug immediately, this product may be developer ready, but it sure is not user ready. Glad I did the free trial instead of an impulse buy.

Ps. the feedback on the manager on usability here was also far from great. Guess I am staying with (free) Lastpass for now.

• Same here, six months later!

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod

Hi @arcturus

Did you try using the steps from this article? Already have your LastPass passwords exported to your desktop or location of your choosing, then go through the import steps. It's then all done through BD Password Manager.

Kind regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• I just went through this exporting from LastPass and having the import fail. I found this support thread looking for a solution. I didn't find a solution, so I worked out my own. I opened the csv file with Notepad and found that the export was faulty. Not BitDefender's fault. When exporting from LastPass, all of the export info shows up onscreen and a file download occurs. The file is bad. It's cut off partway through the fifth line. I did a copy/paste from the text onscreen to Notepad and saved as "LastPass export.csv" and then used that as the import file. Success!