Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

VPN Split tunnelling

Keo88
edited January 2022 in VPN

Hope someone can help, I have tried the solutions from BitDefender but no joy. Websites that I have put onto my split tunneling list are not connecting directly to the internet.

Comments

• I'm trying the Apps and Domains (Settings --> AutoConnect) function for split tunneling. This is because the Split Tunnel function in Bitdefender VPN is a manual, per-site addition and the 'Apps and Domains' setting lets me specify applications (which is what I want).

Websites you add through either Split Tunneling or Apps and Domains will not connect directly to the internet, they will route through the VPN. Not sure if you're trying to do the opposite or something else.

• Keo88 clearly stated "Websites that I have put onto my split tunneling list..."

Based on the information given, I understood it as when VPN is connected state (regardless of whether it was auto-connect or not) the domains added in the split tunneling list is not connecting directly.

I am having the same issue. I have multiple domains in my split tunneling list. When my VPN is connected, the site doesn't always function properly. Sometimes it doesn't even load and I get a 503 error. When I disconnect the VPN everything instantly works fine.

• Having the same issue. Split tunneling seems not to function.... Any suggestions welcomed.

• Annoying23
    edited April 2022

Split tunneling feature does not work. Have to turn off VPN always to access some addresses.

• Annoying23
    edited April 2022

• I confirm this same issue. I have the domain entered exactly as directed, but the website still routes through the VPN.

• Hello @Hogg, @Annoying23, @Bflikk

Sometimes, split tunneling does not work if the sites in question have been accessed through the VPN connection at some point. The solution is to clear the cache and cookies for the respective sites and in order to ensure proper functionality of the split tunnelig feature in these scenarios, add all the existing domains for a split tunneling site. ex: to make sure that yahoo.com works, add yahoo.co.uk, yahoo.ro, yahoo.ca etc.

I hope the information is helpful.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Split tunneling is not working with this VPN. Great disappointment. Not going to prolong subscription, have found a better VPN.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited June 2022

@Eugene696 can you share more details with us in regards to the nature of the functionality issue you have encountered? Split tunneling works just fine for me, I've recently tested it and I have no issues to report whatsoever.

Are you trying to route a website or an application outside the VPN? Can you connect without the VPN? Have you tried multiple servers? Do you receive any error messages? There are a couple of things to check first and they will help us troubleshoot the issue that you are experiencing.

Well, everyone claims to have the best VPN on the market. The question is, which one can you trust and rely on?

Regardless of your choice, stay safe.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user