Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Slow refund - No refund Yet

Options

Shortly before my Total Security subscription expired I purchased a Family Pack version of Bitdefender. I did not realize that the original Total Security would automatically reauthorize. I did not get any email prior to it reauthorizing alerting me to this.

I only found out when all of a sudden I found a charge of nearly $200 US for 3 years of Total Security. WTF! Nothing like sticking it to a long time subscriber!

Well I contacted bitdefebder and explained the the issue and asked for a refund on the Total Security package as I had already purchased the Family Pack version. They issued me a number 1006998186.

In their support documents there is a lot of information on why you should not work through your credit card company to retract payment. OK, fine. I understand that may delay refund. But, Bitdefenders failure to expedite this refund certainly makes me question their motive.

Come on folks! Honoring your refund policy in a timely manner maintains subscriber loyalty!

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Pedalpaddlepole,

I have noticed your inquiry has been resolved on the 12th of December with a positive resolution.

Some delays in processing the requests may occur, as the Support Teams are usually very busy in this period of the year.

The Bitdefender security solutions come with an automatic renewal feature that allows you to conveniently retain your protection when your Bitdefender subscription expires, without having to go through all the motions of manually renewing your cyber-security solution.

For furture reference, in the event you upgrade your subscription, the automatic renewal of the previous solution should be disabled, otherwise the renewal will go through, because the two orders are not linked, being different licenses. A single Central account can have multiple Bitdefender subscriptions, thus each subscription will have its individual billing cycle.

Please keep in mind that, whether you want to activate the renewal option or disable it, you can do it anytime. 

You can cancel the automatic charges for your subscription by loging in to your Bitdefender Account and disable automatic renewal, or by contacting Customer Support at: cancel@bitdefender.com .

Stay safe.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user