Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Scheduled Scan No Longer Running after update

Options
I use BitDefenter Internet Security, and have the Software set to run a full system scan weekly on a set day and at a set time.

However after a recent update (unsure if it's Windows related though) the schedule has stopped running (although it's still visible in BitDefender).

I'm not very familiar with the Software itself, and wasn't sure exactly what areas to check to see if there might be something in an upgrade to either it (or Windows) that could be causing this hiccup.

I have removed & reset the scheduled task, but it's not enabled it to resume like it used to.

Genuine advice would be greatly appreciated, as I'd like to try trouble shooting it, before having Support remote in to fix it.

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

@heybabe check this thread here: https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/comment/304746#Comment_304746

We are looking into this as multiple users have reported the issue.

Stay safe.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• heybabe
    Options
    @Alexandru_BD thanks so much, while not good, glad to find out it's not a setting just on my machine... I've been running the scans manually so i keep my machine clean, but will check out the other thread & look forward to it's remediation 😊
  • Alexandru_BD
    Options

A fix has been found recently and it will be deployed with the next product update.

Thank you for your patience on this one.

Cheers.

• heybabe
    Options
    @Alexandru_BD thanks so much for your prompt attention & reply advising of the update.
    Can you please advise, if once the update has been installed, will i need to re-set my scheduled tasks, or should they restart on their own?
  • heybabe
    Options
    @Alexandru_BD my tasks have not restarted & i've not had a response to my comment left a number of days ago. I'm running Total Security | Build 26.0.7.41 and am manually checking to make sure my updates are coming through.
  • Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

It would be best to double check once the update is live. The fix has been found, but it will come with the update which will be deployed as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Cheers!

• heybabe
    Options
    Hi @Alexandru_BD - oh i thought it already had been, any idea 'when' it's coming?
  • Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

This update is rolled out in stages, so it will arrive soon. It could not be deployed to all users at once. But please let us know when it reaches you, to make sure everything runs as expected.

Cheers.

• heybabe
    Options
    Hi @Alexandru_BD - it's been a number of weeks since your last response, so far still no update to Australia. Any idea when it's going to be available? My daily quick scans on computer start-up that used to work, now only work when i restrart my pc after it's already been turned on, and the full scan still doesn't work on schedule. ta
  • Alexandru_BD
    Options

@heybabe,

The schedule is not saved, or it does not run when already scheduled?

I think the engineers might have to take a closer look at this, therefore please get in touch with our Support Teams by using one of the methods below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Cheers.