Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Extend or add a new subscription?

Options

Choosing "Extend current subscription" gives me 21 more days of protection (January 30, 2023 instead of January 9, 2023). Other than that, what's the difference between "Extend current subscription" and "Add a new subscription"?

Answers

• Funny that! Choosing "Extend current subscription". In my case, I apparently lost 14 days. My old subscription ends on 17 January 2022. By selecting Extend, they gave me the 3rd of January 2023 as my subscription end date.!!!???

Was this a payback for me purchasing a subscription cheaper than the auto-renewal? Have I made a mistake by activating my new subscription today (09/01/22) instead of on the expiration date (17/01/22) of my current subscription?

And why does one find subscriptions for the same product roughly half the price of the auto-renewal?

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @clanoie,

A single Central account can accommodate multiple Bitdefender subscriptions. 

You can activate two identical subscriptions in parallel (e.g. Bitdefender Total Security for up to 10 devices) with the scope to protect more devices. The "extend current subscription" option allows you to extend the validity of an existing subscription, given the configuration of the new activation code entered is for the same product and device variation. In the event you are protected by a Total Security subscription for up to 5 devices and wish to redeem an activation code of a Total Security solution that can protect up to 10 devices, the option to extend validity will not be displayed, due to a different variation of devices between the two, thus you will be provided with the option to activate a new subscription in parallel only.

An account can also store multiple subscriptions valid for different Bitdefender products (e.g. Bitdefender Mobile Security, Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac, Bitdefender Total Security, etc.). Having multiple subscriptions under one Central account helps you assign different subscriptions to different devices to draw the validity from.

More information regarding the activation process and subscription management is available at the links below:

In regards to the validity of your account, in the event the current subscription still has remaining validity, this will be merged with the validity of the new activation code used to extend it, thus no validity will be lost.

It is important, however, to redeem the new activation code after the purchase, because the subscription validity countdown starts in the same day the order is placed, regardless of the Central activation timestamp.

Stay safe.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

@elekpeter in the event the activation code was not redeemed on the purchase date, the validity countdown will start and if the code is activated at a later date, it will lose some validity between the two dates, because the subscription starts in the same day the order is placed, regardless of the Central activation timestamp.

Bitdefender is transitioning to an upgraded subscription type, one that allows the user more flexibility in choosing the activation that is best suited for his needs and the upgraded activation process is one of the first steps in migrating to a subscription based model that will enhance our customers’ experience.

If the new activation code lost some validity, you can contact our Support Teams and request for the lost validity to be added, by using one of the available contact channels below:

The Bitdefender solutions are usually available for purchase with a discount on the official website, especially during various campaigns. This discount is valid for the 1st year of subscription only, which means that the automatic renewal would apply at the then-current full list price.

The automatic renewal pricing is not linked to ongoing offers, discounts and promotions available on the official website or at different points of sale throughout the Bitdefender Partner Network and for this reason, we are trying to offer our customers the opportunity to manually renew at favorable prices during the subscription period. 

The price at which the auto-renewal is made can be seen in automatic notifications, so that any customer has the opportunity to request either the deactivation of the option, or a more advantageous offer.

Let us know if this information was helpful.

Stay safe.

• Wondering two things:

I currently have 10-device / 1-year protection plan. This is overkill for me. I bought it because it was a good deal.

I see a great deal on 5-device / 2-year. How do I add this to my existing account? Can Bitdefender automatically

1) downgrade my subscription from 10 to 5 devices, given only 3/10 devices are used

&/

2) add 2yrs of subscription time to my existing account

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @mrc_333,

There are options to customize your license in this scenario. However, an existing license cannot be downgraded automatically during activation. The Central account can accommodate multiple subscriptions of the same kind, or even different subscriptions, for more flexibility and also to ensure coverage for more devices under the same roof.

If you are using a subscription that can cover up to 10 devices, its validity can only be extended using an activation code with the same variation of devices. For example, if you purchase an additional subscription for up to 5 devices, even though it's for the same product, let's say Total Security, during activation the option to extend will not be displayed, because the code can only be redeemed in parallel with the existing subscription in this scenario.

I can think of a workaround here. The current 10-device subscription can be downgraded to 5 devices, with the help of our Support Teams and then you can extend it yourself using an activation code for 5 devices, the one you saw at a discounted price, as the device variation will match.

For future reference, more information in regards to the activation process and available options is available at the following link:

Should you wish to downgrade your current 10-device subscription to 5 devices and further extend its validity using a new 5-device activation code, simply reach out to our Commercial representatives to request the downgrade, and then you can place a new order for the discounted 5-device subscription.

You can get in touch with our Support agents by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Let us know if this works for you.

Regards

• Ok, to check my understanding:

If I downgrade, (for no charge, after contacting customer service)...

I can then purchase a 2-year code, which will then extend the life of my current subscription from 300 days to 300+365*2 days: True?

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

The downgrade will be made free of charge. After the variation of devices is downgraded to 5, you can extend the validity of the license using an activation code for the same product and same variation of devices. The validity of the new code can be any of the three available intervals, 1, 2 or 3 years of coverage, that will be added on top of the existing validity. In other words, a successful extension of validity is dependent only on the license type and variation of devices. It can be carried out at any period.

Let me know if you have questions 🙂

Regards

• dancingdevil
    edited December 2022
    Options

There's something I want to know about extending the subscription and that is my subscription runs out in June next year now I've got the option (through a third party seller) to purchase 3 lots of bitdefender total security 10 devices which is what I'm currently using at the minute, and if I was to apply all three of the licence codes to my existing subscription that I've got, would I still get the full 3 years applied to my current subscription or would I lose half a year considering I've still got 1/2 a year left? and from what I can take from this conversation you can only add up to three years at the time and it doesn't go over that, so any clarification on this would be much appreciated

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @dancingdevil,

I have noticed that, your Total Security license expires in July 2023. You can extend the validity of this license using activation codes purchased from a trusted Bitdefender reseller, but they must have the same variation of devices, so you can use them to extend the existing license. So, for example, if you have 3 different activation codes for Total Security, each with a validity of 1 year and 10 devices, you can redeem them one after another, but make sure to allow some time between the activations, let's say one or two minutes. After redeeming each code consecutively, the validity of your license will be extended, taking into account the existing validity before each extension, thus no validity will be lost in the process.

Should you encounter any errors during activation, check this table for interpretation:

But, let's hope everything goes as expected. Let us know if you need any help.

Regards

• The codes that I am purchasing are the same as what I've currently got so there is no difference between them but just my only concern is with there being a limit of up to three years Redemption, would I be losing any time because if I was to redeem 3 1-year 10 device total security codes that's going to take me over the 3-year limit and I'm worried about losing time

• The licence codes that I'm currently purchasing are the same as the current licence I am wanting to extend (which is total security 1 year 10 device plan) but my only concern is with me wanting to top up with 3 1 year codes am I going to be losing half a year being as there's a 3-year cap

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

You will not lose any remaining validity when activating the 1-year codes subsequently, as they will take into account the existing validity in the Central account and extend accordingly. The only thing that can happen is an error message showing the validity cap has been reached, but in this case the activation of that code will not go through and it will be necessary to get in touch with the Support Teams for manual adjustments.

I have noticed that you have successfully extended the validity of your Total Security to 2025.

Regards