Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

VPN = Error code 12 on all my managed devices at the same time

Options
shopping159753
edited January 2022 in VPN

VPN = Error code 12 on all my managed devices at the same time

As of yersterday, BD VPN gives error code 12 on all my managed devices at the same time, and no amount of rebooting the PC or the router, or reinstalling the app via Total Security could fix it. I want to underline the fact that it happened at the same time on some of my managed devices which are 40 miles away on a totally unrelated network.

So :

1) It' s not my computer' s problem

2) It's not my network' s problem

Also, it cant even be reinstalled form Total Security. When i click on Install BitDefender VPN, nothing happens and there is an error message : BitDefender VPN encountered an error and is disabled. Please restart your device and try again. It does this on all my managed devices at the same time. Needless to say that i rebooted 10 times, cleaned caches etc. etc. but that still would not explain why it happens on all my managed devices on unrelated network too.

Any ideas ?

Best Answer

• shopping159753
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi, luckily i didn't have to go thru all that checklist you posted and i did'nt have to reset or format anything.

The only way i was able to reinstall the VPN client is by NOT doing it from the main BitDefender window.

Instead, i downloaded your offline standalone VPN installer and it installed ok. This was the solution in this case.

Ticket closed !

Answers