Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Why does Bitdefender Cause My Computer Memory and CPU run so high?

Options

In Task Manager bdservicehost Is SLOWING my computer WAAAAAY down. it causes the Memory to be as high as 98% and CPU in the 80%... Also there are so many Bitdefender processes always running

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Scrubbalo and welcome to the Community!

If you are using Windows, read the articles below for things to check first:

Let us know if you have found a way to improve the performance of your device.

Stay safe.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Robwaybro
    Options
    We have been noticing this same issue lately, BitDefender Protected Service consistently consuming appx 30% of the CPU and "very high" power usage to the point the fan on my laptop runs continually
  • Alext55
    Options

Same thing here BitDefender Protected Service consistently consuming appx 30% . BitDefender, please acknowledging the problem, and stop making us searching for nothing... I have this problem since 2 weeks.

I reinstalled a new windows 10 with no software, only your antivirus (GravityZone) and I have the same problem!

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

@Robwaybro & @Alext55 may I kindly ask you to raise a ticket with our Technical Teams, so that they can request some logs from you for troubleshooting purposes? Protected Service should not be that "hungry" and we need to take a closer look as soon as possible.

@Scrubbalo are you still experiencing this?

Thank you!

• Alext55
    Alext55
    edited February 2022
    Options

Sure, that's all I want, investigate with your team. I already have a ticket for that: Case ID 00647143 . I have around 3000 computers in GravityZone. I have access to 30 of this computers. All of this 30 having problems with this service.

• Alext55
    Options

@Alexandru_BD Do you have news for us about the issue? I dont receive any reply for that ticket from the Technical Teams

• This issue has been slowing down my PC more and more since weeks, resulting in several resets per day as even the task bar did not respond any longer. Minimum of 30% CPU usage during the day combined with an unstoppable hunger for RAM until my PC finally froze. I assume 16 GB should be enough to run an antivirus solution.

Support ticket was a waste of time ("we are working on a fix, but we won't tell you when we are going to release it), so nothing new and basically what has been told so everybody with the same issue since quite a long time. I have uninstalled it right now and in comparison, my PC feels like brand new.

Honestly, I'm rather sad than angry, but from my point, this is totally unacceptable to leave your paying customers behind without any solution at all.

• @Alexandru_BD Yes i still have this issue. IDK what im doing, so a ticket? My computer is very slow and i always have to restart. I have an HP Pavilion with only 4GB RAM. why did i buy this if its gonna slow down my computer and have SO MANY processes running?

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

@Scrubbalo yes, please raise a ticket with the Support Teams, as the engineers must gather info about this from as many sources as they can, so that the developers can have sufficient information to come up with a fix asap.

Please use the link below to choose your contact method:

Thank you for your patience on this one.

Best regards.

• Alext55
    Options

After installing version 7.4.4.159, its seem to be OK for me now! :)