Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Password Manager Issues

Options
MAQ
MAQ
edited January 2022 in Password Manager

I thought I'd try Bitdefnder Password Manager so I paid (even tho I have already paid for Total Security) and set it up this morning. Here are some problems I've had.

Import from LastPass failed. I had to export LastPass, import to Edge, export from Edge and import to Bitdefender. Not a great start.

Navigating and finding an existing account is very difficult. Not all have proper titles, only the URL so searching is not easy.

Bitdefender Password Manager doesn't work for all the sites I have saved. If the URL changes slightly, it's no longer recognised.

I'm afraid this product has a long way to go if you intend it to compete with LastPass etc.

I'll stick with it a few more days but if the frustration levels remain as high as they have been after only a few hours, I'll be going back to LastPass.

Answers

• MAQ
    MAQ
    edited January 2022
    Options

Been using the Password Manager a few days now and there are things that I do like however having to log in every time I open the browser is not one of them. Also, even with Disable login tab on startup checked, it still opens each time. And it would be great if the page you are on appeared at the top of the Accounts list.

• MAQ
    MAQ
    edited January 2022
    Options

The biggest problem with Password Manager is the fact that if the URL is not EXACTLY the same as you have saved, it doesn't fill in the details. A good example is PayPal. When you buy something from an online store and you get the PayPal log in pop up, the URL for that pop up is not saved and so Password Manager won't fill it in. It's very annoying. The program needs to be able to recognise that the URL contains paypal.com and that should be enough.

Here's another example where it doesn't work

• MAQ
    Options

wow...not a single response to any of these issues. Got rid of Bitdefender Password Manager and back to LastPass...the gap is huge. Maybe in a year or 2 I'll give it another look but right now it's not good.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

I shall address the above concerns, please find the answers below:

• Navigating and finding an existing account is very difficult. Not all have proper titles, only the URL so searching is not easy. There is a search field - it refreshes the content as the user types.
    • Bitdefender Password Manager doesn't work for all the sites I have saved. If the URL changes slightly, it's no longer recognised. If the autosave is ON, the Password Manager should be able to change the stored accounts if the URL is the same or if it changed, it shoud be able to create a new entry.
    • Been using the Password Manager a few days now and there are things that I do like however having to log in every time I open the browser is not one of them. Also, even with Disable login tab on startup checked, it still opens each time. And it would be great if the page you are on appeared at the top of the Accounts list.

Momentarily this is a restraint (to enter Master Password every time the browser is started), but we are working on other options(this is the latest information available at the moment).

• The biggest problem with Password Manager is the fact that if the URL is not EXACTLY the same as you have saved, it doesn't fill in the details. A good example is PayPal. When you buy something from an online store and you get the PayPal log in pop up, the URL for that pop up is not saved and so Password Manager won't fill it in. It's very annoying. The program needs to be able to recognise that the URL contains paypal.com and that should be enough.

This will be sent to the developers to validate and if it is in fact an issue, they will look for a fix.

Thank you all for your contributions.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• BKW
    Options

You forgot to comment about the first issue...

"Import from LastPass failed. I had to export LastPass, import to Edge, export from Edge and import to Bitdefender. Not a great start."

I have the same problem today, still not tried the Edge workaround, but this is a bug not fixed from about 2 months....

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @BKW,

In regards to the failed import, I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. Unfortunately, we won't be able to resolve this issue on the forum, as logs and additional details might be required from the product.

You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Stay safe.

• VishT
    Options

Any update on the "Disable Login Tab on Start up" issue??

Till date, there is no change. A new tab opens everytime you open a browser and asks for the login. This happens even when the "Disable Login Tab on Startup" option is selected/ticked in the Settings.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @VishT,

I hereby confirm the "Remember Me" feature is work in progress and will become available with the next release.

The testing phase for the feature that will no longer require the login every time is scheduled to take place in the upcoming sprint this month. I do not have an estimated time for deployment, because this feature is also tied to the Safari extension. The developers have submitted their request to Apple and it is pending approval. As soon as Safari support becomes available for the Password Manager, they can move forward with the rest of the developments.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards.

• Hi,

regret being unable to understand why most of my listed accounts fill correctly. I have an issue with some that all detail checked is ok, however, will only fill user name and not! the password??

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @Dawesville_Hacker,

Can you provide us with more details? The problem appears on which app / site? Does it happen when using the app or the browser extension? Kindly share some more information so we can further advise.

Thank you

• Hi,

thanks for the prompt reply. initially, I was unable to fill passwords on 2 government sites using the app, however, it now appears to have self rectified as both app and browser fill perfectly??? so I no longer have the issue.

thank you

Dawesville_Hacker

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Thank you for sharing the outcome with us @Dawesville_Hacker . I'm glad to hear the issue was resolved.

Cheers

• Cannot import from LastPass. I get as far as Choose File, but no LastPass file (.csv or whatever) appears for selection.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @arcturus,

Check out this article for complete instructions on how to Import passwords from other apps or browsers into Bitdefender Password Manager:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/13355/

In addtion, you can edit a .csv file by following the steps described in the article below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2472/

Bitdefender can seamlessly transfer data from LastPass as well and you should be able to migrate your accounts. However, if you are encountering any difficulties and the import cannot be carried out, you may contact the Technical Support Teams for further assistance. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

• The first link goes to the instructions that I have been trying to follow - as I have been saying, no file to choose comes up. The second link is no use unless I can see which .csv file to use. In Support, Password Manager is not listed. I will now request a refund for Password Manager.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @arcturus,

I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out.

The engineers will forward your request for the commercial teams to issue the refund on technical grounds. I have noticed that you have purchased the Password Manager subscription in March. Bitdefender offers a 30-day money-back guarantee policy. Given the circumstances, please ask them to consider an exception, or to come up with an alternative solution.

Regards