Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Help! Mac anti-virus is not scanning and giving me so many issues

Options

Hi guys I’m really hoping you can help. I’m at my wits end. Ever since purchasing and downloading bitdefender for my mac it has not worked.

Problems:

1. Bitdefender central is telling me my mac is at risk. When I click ‘view issues’ it tells me that my subscription is not active and it gives me a button to ‘reactivate subscription’.
  2. Under subscriptions and under my services the bitdefender total security is not listed, only the mobile security. Not sure if that has anything to do with my issue above.
  3. Bitdefender agent and antivirus refuse to open on my Mac (sometimes they say error, sometimes they completely disappear off of my screen) but when I do finally get it to work after hours of frustration the antivirus will not scan anything. I click the button and nothing happens. It also says ‘you are safe’ on top but I’m not sure how if it will not scan anything.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything twice. I removed and re-added my Mac in bitdefender central. I have called customer support and they were absolutely no help. I am so tired of being on my computer for hours trying to get this thing to work. To me it looks like my subscription needs to fixed on their end since it’s not showing up in my ‘subscriptions’ but it shows up in my payments but maybe I’m wrong. Hopefully it’s a simple fix. For reference I have macOS Sierra version 10.12.6.

I’m praying someone has the answer to this. Thank you.

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @LisaO

Based on your description of the situation encountered, I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. The engineers may request some logs from you.

You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Stay safe.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Thank you @Alexandru_BD

I ended up contacting them through chat and the person solved the issue in 5 minutes! The issue was my subscription was assigned to a misspelled email address. He corrected the email address for the subscription and everything is working perfect now! Running a scan for the first time right now :) Hopefully now this will help someone if they’re having the same issues.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @LisaO

I am glad to hear the situation was resolved in a positive manner.

Such things happen, I misspelled my e-mail address once and it has been a struggle getting my correspondence.

Stay safe and enjoy your Bitdefender product!

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user