Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Subscription Problem and I am pretty annoyed!

Options

I have and have had Bitdefender Total Security for a number of years, I have always used the same 5 devices slots. But when I used my laptop (PAUL-PC), I found that it is no longer among my 5 and the page on Bitdefender Central is telling me that it is "At Risk" and "Devices limit reached" even though my account says "This license will end on February 8, 2023" for the 5 computers linked to the account (including said 'PAUL-PC'). So all that is showing on my Bitdefender Central 'My Devices' is four computers selected and my laptop no longer protected and that I have to pay for it to be protected...

Best Answer

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Dibble and welcome to the Community!

Based on my findings, PAUL-PC is covered by the Total Security subscription active in your account.

First, check if the device is connected to the same Central account.

Open Bitdefender using PAUL-PC and click the account icon in the top right corner of the Bitdefender interface.

Then click the Switch Account button to change the account linked to the computer. Sign in with the e-mail address of your Central account. This will help the synchronization. After completing the above instructions, your device should be properly connect to the Bitdefender Central account where the active subscription is. The My Devices tab should be updated shortly afterwards. You can also logout from Central and login again after making the changes, to refresh Central.

Let us know how it went.

Stay safe.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Answers

• Thanks for that Alexandru!

I'm away from my workplace for a long weekend and I leave my laptop at the office. Would I be able to activate it from one of my other computers? If not, I'll just have to wait...Cheers!

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Dibble,

You will need access to that particular device in other to perform a switch account task.

Best wishes.

• Ok! Thanks for that.

Take care and all the best to you too.

Paul Bantick

• Dibble
    edited February 2022
    Options

I followed your advice but I still can't re-activate the account. I have even tried to reinstall Bidefender but I get the load screen come up, then after that the read the terms and condition box. Another box appears over that and tells me that I need to restart to complete the install. I restart, the same read the terms and condition box appears, I click the box again but then the 'restart to complete the install' box comes up again. I did this several times. It's just a vicious circle.

By-the-way! I do not have an account icon in the top right corner. all I have is my name, initial icon and post alert bell. I have gone to all the pages listed and in none of them is there a 'account icon'. I have clicked on my name but the drop box has no listing for 'Switch Account'

Why I have had to go through this in the first place is beyond me, as I have done absolutely nothing to cause this dilemma. It was working one day and just stopped the next. This has stretched my patience to snapping point. And if it does snap, I shall end my subscription...McAfee looks good!

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @Dibble,

Below I have inserted a screenshot from my product, to indicate the location of the switch account feature.

As it stands, you have 5 protected devices out of 5 slots available for protection and PAUL-PC appears to be covered by the subscription. When you open Bitdefender from this device, do you see the green shield with the checkmark, displayed on the left side column? The switch account feature is located on the top right hand corner:

Best wishes.

• Dibble
    edited February 2022
    Options

As I posted above Alexandru, I could only get up what I outlined. I think that something (update?) had corrupted the Bitdefender programme on my computer. I have no idea why my laptop had fallen off my subscription, but in the end I did a partial recovery which allowed me to download and install Bitdefender and re activate the account, so all's up and running and fine now.

Believe me when I said that my patience was stretched to almost breaking-point.

Though your advice did not help, I nevertheless thank you for all the help and advice that you did give. Your concern and promptness in your reply was excellent.

All the best

Paul

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

I am very sorry to hear of the inconvenience you have encountered. But I'm glad to hear the situation was resolved.

We are at your disposal for any questions you may have.

Stay safe.